Our stay at the Residence L'Antico Pozzo was delightful. The apartment was roomy and had a beautiful view of Lake Como. We didn't use the kitchen but it seemed to be well stocked. There are a few small grocery stores nearby which would make eating in very easy. Though there is maid service, you are responsible for cleaning the kitchen. They provide sponges & dish soap.
The girl at the check-in was very pleasant and friendly. The woman who cleaned the apartments was also very nice. I felt like she did a wonderful job and though we didn't speak the same language, she was exceptionally friendly.
The apartment had a bed and a couch, as well as a dining room table and plenty of storage. The bathroom was a good size and also had a nice view of the lake. My husband heard some noise from the restaurant at night but I never did.
Bellagio is a small village and the location of the apartments is right in the middle of the town. Be aware that this is a vertical village and there are cobblestone stairs to get from the lakeside up to the apartment building and many of the restaurants in the village. We were glad that we traveled with backpacks and didn't have to haul any luggage up and down the stairs. The area is picturesque and we were very happy that we were able to stay in the area.
Though Bellagio is beautiful, some of the staff told us that in October, many things close down. The apartments are open year round but some shops and restaurants may be closed during the winter. In addition, the boats have a reduced schedule in the fall & winter months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Antico Pozzo is a centuries old original house in the centre of Bellagio, just 50 metres from the lake and the landing stage.Antico Pozzo is the ideal place for a pleasant stay on the lake: our apartments enjoy pride of place in a quiet location along the most central of the many cobblestoned stepped paths that are typical of the historic centre.We have several types of apartments, tastefully furnished and with all the modern comforts to cater for a relaxing holiday or a visit to pursue your favourite sport.The apartments are available all year round and can be booked together for weddings or family reunions.Our restaurant is located in the romantic courtyard close the apartments.Open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Residence Antico Pozzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Antico Pozzo Hotel Bellagio
- Residence Antico Pozzo Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy