“Excellent Apartments!”
Review of Residence il Borgo

Residence il Borgo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Spent a night in 2 of the apartments available. Although we never got to meet Flavio, I spoke to him during our stay and he was extremely helpful!! I will definitely return for a longer stay. The location is perfect just in the middle of the pretty streets in Bellagio. Apartments is very spacious and super clean!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Flavio is a wonderful host, I am actually staying here again in 2 months after having stayed back in 2011. Great location, very clean, comfortable and very modern. Close by internet, small mini mart, close to ferry and although there is a hike up the stairs that is common for Bellagio. I felt very safe here for a solo traveller.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I and our three daughters (including six months old twins) had the most amazing seven nights in Bellagio. The apartment was very well appointed and all of our requests were exceed by our amazing host Flavio. Flavio recommendations to eat, have coffee and cake, visit by ferry on Lake Como and general knowledge for first time travellers to Italy were spot on.
Bellagio is breathtaking, and I highly recommend the drive from Milan to Bellagio via Lake Como, especially if it’s your first time EVER driving on the right hand side of the road!!!!!
We will defiantly be returning to Bellagio in the near future and only staying with Flavio.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank EvanNaarah
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My husband & I had a wild run from Castelrotto/Kastelruth in the Dolomites to Lake Como. It took us longer than expected & we were TIRED. We had planned to stay in Veranna, but had not booked a place. Guess what? No room in the inns. We did a quick recalculation as to possible other towns in which to stay. Bellagio was it. Thank goodness Flavio had a wonderful room available AND a place to park our car just up the hill from the Il Borgo. When I walked in to the 2nd floor room, I about cried. It was so CLEAN and FRESH and there was a wonderful separate bathroom and kitchen area. Even a little balcony that opened to the pedestrian walkway. We had an exceptional stay. If the future allows us to return to Lake Como, the Il Borgo would be the place I would book...in advance. :->

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eledind
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights in Bellagio. Flavio met us at the foot of the stairs to help with our luggage. We loved that we HAD to get some exercise to go anywhere in town!
The apartment was very comfortable - the bedroom was up in a loft area and our son slept downstairs. Our bed was more comfortable than his, but, he had good sleeps as well.
Everything you need for the kitchen is there and the bathroom is nice. Whole unit was clean. Good internet access. Flavio and Silvia had spot on ideas for dinners, kayaking (don't miss it), walks, etc. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank itchyfeetRTW
Reviewed 25 December 2012

The ONLY thing holding me back from putting 5 stars on our stay here was the bed. One of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on! Twin beds pushed together, the gap just seemed to get wider and wider through the night and I was tossing and turning because it was very hard and hurt hips/shoulders and I woke up with backache every morning. So other than poor sleep quality, we had a wonderful stay here.

Flavio met us on arrival to open up and show us the apartment, we were on the 3rd floor with our kitchen/lounge/bathroom on the main floor and awesome spiral staircase going up to a loft area with skylights. The apartment is very clean with tidy furnishings. The apartment was quite cold when we arrived as I'm sure the heat is only turned on just prior to guests' arrival. Fortunately we'd brought long underwear and there is plenty of extra blankets and bedding in the cupboards! The hot water tank in the bathroom is rather small and so was only enough for 2 very quick showers. I realise it is the European custom to use the bide more regularly, but I just love a shower! The kitchen is well equipped with cooking utensils for meal preparation, only downside is that there is only tea/coffee provided so if you're doing any serious cooking rather than assembling meals, you'll need to buy salt/pepper/olive oil etc. The location is ideal for exploring Bellagio on foot - we left our car parked most of the time in the church square which is about 1 minute away on foot - Flavio assured us that although it is "pay parking", everyone stopped paying a long time ago! The church bells will get you up early for sure - they ring every half hour, from 7am to 10pm (and ring 33 times at 7:30am I believe!!) It is part of the experience in my opinion, but if you like to sleep in...forget it!

I would recommend this to others as long as they're aware of the bed issue (some might love a really firm mattress!), personally I probably wouldn't stay again because I value the quality of my sleep very highly! No matter what, you will love Bellagio!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The reason would be Flavio and Silvia. We stayed in late October and because we had 2 huge suitcases they met us at the ferry and loaded our bags in their car. The apartment is perfect for a couple. A small kitchen and nice clean bathroom. We fixed our breakfast and evening meal in the apartment saving us tons of money as we were on a 32 day trip. Flavio was available whenever we had any questions and helped us make arrangements to get to Milan for our train trip to Rome.
This is definitely the place to stay in Bellagio if you don't want a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple