“Very Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014

nice setting, over-looking the lake, and extremely reasonably priced. i had the penne arrabiata, which was only €6 (was expecting to pay a lot more for the location) and delicious. the missus says the spaghetti vongole could have done with a bit more chilli.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Pizzeria FONTANA D'ORO

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Used to love this spot but after returning to it 10 days ago for dinner - it is clearly not what it used to be. No matter what day of the week it always used to be jam packed with local families enjoying a meal in true italian style. No evidence of that anymore. I ordered grilled cuttlefish which I accept can be tough (which I quite like) but this was so tough that you literally had to hack at. After discussion, it was replaced with another dish of calamari which was okay. My father ordered a mushroom risotto which did not resemble what either of us remember. Plenty of better places to eat at.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

There are a lot of restaurants in Como to choose from, but this one seemed to have the most choices to accommodate the tastes of our group. The food was good and the portions were perfectly sized. However, I was not very pleased with the atmosphere. It was less than appetizing to sit outside eating my food and see a dog stop and pee in the bushes next to a neighboring table. I know the European culture is different and dogs are allowed in restaurants, but this was not an enjoyable event to see unfold.

Our server was nice but he did not speak English well. However, when he did not understand what we were saying, he brought over a co-worker who was from England to assist.

The restaurant appears to have a wonderful array of desserts, but we were too full to sample any.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I had the best pasta I have ever had. The prices were reasonable . The service was very good and the staff were friendly . The view of the lake was beautiful . We had a lovely night

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here twice, as it was not too far from Como train station (we were unfortunately staying in Milan), but also because the food and location overlooking the lake were great.
We sat outside, overlooking the water and had pizza and pasta dishes the first night. However, the second night we had lobster tagliatelle. It was amazing!!! If there are two of you, you MUST have it.
I would recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Como.

1  Thank Amy B