“Just what we were looking for”

Ristorante Pizzeria FONTANA D'ORO
Ranked #58 of 536 Restaurants in Como
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Gothenburg
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We found this lovely Italian restuarant/pizzeria after a nice walk along the waterline. We wanted a simple, not too exclusive place to enjoy a real, reasonable priced Italian Pizzas, and that's what we found here. Top score!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
“Popular for good reason”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had tried to get into another popular restaurant (I reviewed that too) which was already full but the manager there was good enough to recommend this restaurant for us. There is a large inside restaurant as well as outside seating overlooking the lake. I think the tourists eat outside and the locals in but we ended up inside. We were early and it was empty but by the time we left it was filling up with families. The food was excellent as was the service and the prices reasonable. It is possible to eat well in Como with out needing a bank loan. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bikefor2ofus
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant - simple lovely food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I visited Como and we didn't want to fall into some too full of tourists so to find this place a short walk from the station was a treat.

We reviewed the menu but really wanted some antipasti with just a selection of cold meats and some mozzarella, which the staff were only too happy to prepare for us. We ended up with a lovely plate of 5 different sliced meats and some mozzarella. Accompanied by some bread and mineral water it was the perfect lunch for a hot day. To keep out of the sun we sat in the courtyard where we got a bit of a light breeze to cool down a little.

We finished our lunch with a Tiramisu, espresso and a couple of shots of the homemade Limoncello. The staff were wonderful and friendly and helpful. Lovely place to stop.

• Visited June 2014
Bad Mergentheim, Germany
“Tasty Calzone”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my family had 2 nights ago dinner there and it was very good. I had Calzone and the rest pizza. After the dinner they offered us limoncello and that was also very nice of them. You can seat by the lake or in the garden. We paid 40 euros for 2 pizzas and one calzone, I had a glass of wine, my husband had a beer and our son had juice. It is reasonable for Lake Como.

Visited June 2014
London
“Perfect choice for a lovely lunch overlooking Lake Como”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My partner and I wandered along the lake front and given so many options of restaurants to dine at we decided on Fontana D'Oro and we were not disappointed!
Fabulous views of Lake Como and great service just made our afternoon... the spaghetti with clams was scrumptious and my partners pizza was lovely also. We didn't feel rushed and the waiter was very attentive, without over crowding us. To top it off we were given home made Limoncello (one of the best we've tasted) on the house after finishing our meal. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited May 2014