We stayed at the Barchetta Excelsior for 7 nights on a guided tour of the Lake Como area and Switzerland. We lucked out and got a room facing the square and Lake and we were very happy with the view. Our room did not have a balcony but we didn't spend much time in it. Weather was overcast and it did rain a couple of days we after we toured we enjoyed sitting in the lounge and were very well cared for by the staff. I was impressed with how hard working they were.
Our room was very clean, especially the bathroom. The morning breakfast was great, being a breakfast eater I really enjoyed it.
Yes the buses were out in front but being October it as too cool to sit outside. We are both sound sleepers so we had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. We ate at the Hotel at least 3 nights as part of our tour and the food was very good.
We both agreed we would stay there again for many reasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel Barchetta Excelsior you are surrounded by beauty: the villas with their gardens, art exhibitions, silk outlets, boutiques, romantic boat trips, renowned golf clubs. The only hotel in Como with over 50 rooms facing the lake offering a breathtaking view of one of the world's most beautiful sceneries. The hotel is located a few steps from the Cathedral and from the city center and close to the shopping area. Every single moment you spend in Como will be unique and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Barchetta Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barchetta Excelsior Como
- Barchetta Excelsior Hotel Como
- Hotel Barchetta Excelsior Como, Lake Como, Italy