Just spent 4 nights there with my wife. Booked a double with lake view. Were given a lovely large room 102 on the front corner of the first floor. We thought it was great as it had windows in two sides. Also had fold out bed in couch which like lots of these are ok for a bed but collapse so much impossible to sit on. Separate wardrobe room with safe and large bathroom, bit dated but ok. Place was clean and looked after well during our stay. However at 6pm next morning we thought buses were driving through our bedroom with their radios blaring. It happened that opposite the hotel is the major central bus stop for the old town and they start at 6am. Also the walls are so thin you can hear all the TV's from other rooms also loud voices. It's not noticeable until you try to sleep. Windows are double glazed but I guess building structure just let's sound travel. I would guess if you are at the back or on a higher floor outside noise will not be so much of an issue. Suggestion would be to avoid lower floor. Hotel is in great position opposite lake and boats, railway station to milan 2 minute walk as is the vehicular railway. On the edge of the old town with shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel breakfast is good and hotel now seems to have free wifi after lots of previous complaints I guess. At least I managed to connect in to a service without a password for the whole stay. Restaurant is top food, small menu but really first class and really actually cheap for what you get compared to the touristy places outside. One tip avoid WHY not bar out the front of the hotel as they have rip of cover charge €4.50 and then stil charge for bread. Parking off site €15 day. Would stay here again but only if I was not on first floor based on position. It's a good 3 star I don't see 4 stars especially not based on noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel Barchetta Excelsior you are surrounded by beauty: the villas with their gardens, art exhibitions, silk outlets, boutiques, romantic boat trips, renowned golf clubs. The only hotel in Como with over 50 rooms facing the lake offering a breathtaking view of one of the world's most beautiful sceneries. The hotel is located a few steps from the Cathedral and from the city center and close to the shopping area. Every single moment you spend in Como will be unique and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Barchetta Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barchetta Excelsior Como
- Barchetta Excelsior Hotel Como
- Hotel Barchetta Excelsior Como, Lake Como, Italy