Avenue Hotel
US$153
US$108
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townrelaxed serviceboutique stylevalet servicemodern hotelthin wallstrain stationperfect locationrestaurants and shopsnice breakfastwalking distance to everythingcleaning staffwifi connectionspent nights herestayed one nighta great staythe hotel staff
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Location, decoration, staff is all fine. Wifi worked smoothly. Video Skyping no problem.
I was in a ground floor room. I guess the disabled room. It was large enough. Only that I disliked being on the ground floor, my window was looking right at the hotel's terrace outside. So no privacy when curtains were open, so I had to have them closed always.
The bathroom was spacious, but it lacked any kind of planchet or cabinet to put my stuff on. Nothing. The sink was a nuisance because of its low height and its tendency to spill water over the very very low front end right into my stomach and lap.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulienHerder
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Perfectly situated in the centre of Como.Great for walking around town. Still very close to the lake. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are nicely decorated. Wifi is free for all devices you may need and works perfectly. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is perfectly located to visit Como. Right in the hart of the old town and yet the room was quite. Small but had all what is needed. The Staff was very helpful and indicated some good restaurants / places to visit. Breakfast was good however crowded, as somehow everybody seemed to have gotten up at the same time ;-)
Only challenge: if you come by car. Rather then following the navigation system … have a look at a map. I could have gotten there much easier. The hotel staff took care of the parking and the way out was a walk in the park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mim286
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here recently for two nights whilst visiting my daughter in Milan. The hotel is tucked away and not easy to find but well worth the effort. The staff on reception were friendly and attentive both in the evening and at breakfast.
Our room was bright, airy and comfortable and the breakfast had a lot of choice. The best part, however was the hotel's position - it was convenient for all of Como and handy for the Duomo, restaurants, shops and ferries.
If we were to visit Como again we will definitely stay here

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I highly recommend this hotel :) Wifi is working perfectly, rooms are nicely decorated, location is in the very centre. You get a very positive feeling when staying there :) I can fully understand why people chose to have their honeyoon there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo