“Great service & great food!”
Review of Ristorante Com E'

Ristorante Com E'
Ranked #417 of 527 Restaurants in Como
Price range: US$47 - US$67
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great service & great food!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Our waiter made us feel like we were in his home. The food was excellent and the wine he recommended too. We tried a restaurant recommended by our hotel the night before & were underwhelmed. Should have checked Trip Advisor sooner!

1 Thank Lara S

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Wow! One of the best meals I've had in Italy.”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The owners, who are also the cooks and servers, provide family-type service and are proud of their dishes, all of which are fresh and unique (try the baked ricotta and peas appetizer). The food is highlighted by an elegant but relaxed setting.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MarcA0214
USA
“Great!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We showed up for dinner as "early birds" at 7:30pm and we were the only ones in the whole restaurant. This alarmed me because I thought there should be more patrons for a well-rated place, but we took our chances and tried it anyways. It turned out to be great. Our server was attentive and helpful, giving us a solid wine recommendation that was reasonably priced. I enjoyed a wonderful basil tagliatini with shrimp and squid as my first course. A generous portion of pasta arrived, steaming hot and al dente. My husband's first course salad was fresh and also generous in portion. My main entree of potato-encrusted fish was tastey and my husband enjoyed curried chicken. Dessert of an apple tartine and cinnamon foam was feathery light and tastey. Overall, we thought the food was of good quality, with nicely sized portions and polite service.

• Visited May 2012
Northampton
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We sampled the set menu for lunch and we were not impressed. The pasta dish was very simple but nothing special. The second course of roast veal was tough and fatty. We expected a great deal more, having read the reviews on tripadvisor. The service was efficient but surly and they refused to take a credit card as the machine was supposedly not working. There are quite a few better restaurants in Como.

• Visited February 2012
Asti, Italy
“Little gem in the centre of Como”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Being in Como for the Ognissanti holiday, I had dinner here with my family. The setting is intimate and cozy, the service attentive and friendly, with the owner caring for the guests himself, while his wife is in the kitchen.
Choice is not huge, but very interesting: food is creative and delicious, and - remarkably - served in generous portions.
Wine list is quite limited, but represents all Italian regions and offers good choice of half bottles.
Will definitely go back!