“Had the best lasagna EVER here...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Antica Trattoria

L'Antica Trattoria
Ranked #69 of 521 Restaurants in Como
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fiorentine e filetti cotti sul camino a vista
Shelton, Connecticut
“Had the best lasagna EVER here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

While on a short day-trip here from our vacation base in Bellagio, we decided to find this place based on it's high TA ratings and reviews and it turned out to be well worth it. It's just a short way out of the historic district, not hard to find. We went over the menu and I thought I was ready to order but then the waiter mentioned that they had an off the menu special of home made lasagna. I decided to give it a try. After our appetizers and some bread, the lasagna was brought out. I took one bite. I think some chubby little cherub kids with wings started playing harps around my head and I saw a bright light. It was beautiful. (see pic.) With all apologies to my Italian relatives and the great Italian restaurants in the NY-Boston corridor where I live, it was definitely the best lasagna I ever had in my life and probably ever will. I could imagine "nonna" the little Italian grandmother back in the kitchen making this with so much care. I wanted to kiss Nonna and bring her home in my suitcase. It was so melt-in-your-mouth delicious I could've eaten an entire tray of it but that's the American excess in me coming out. It ended up being just the right amount. I'm thinking of it now and I miss it so. Anyway, this place is a wonderful place to dine. Everything we had was great, the wait staff was excellent, spoke English very well. Make it a point to stop here. And if they have Nonna's home made lasagna as an off the menu special that day, GET IT! Trust me, it will stay with you...

2 Thank StingrayJG

Tampere, Finland
“Great food in great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had risttoto that was excellent in all respect. It had some cohesio, but was at the same time loose and esy to eat. There is an open fire oven concept, so guests may watch some cooking.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank harrivassu
Sydney, Australia
“Great night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked this late in afternoon on Saturday. Service was excellent. Family run with friendly service. Pastas all home made - tried the ravioli, excellent. Shared the Bistecca Fiorentina, very good. Didn't have half bottle of chianti but gave us full bottle at same price. Alessio, as Manager, was everywhere but had charm throughout.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“When everywhere else is empty in Como...L'Antica Trattoria is FULL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to L'Antica Trattoria on a recommendation and walking through a very quiet Como town on a Tuesday night we were expecting a hushed restaurant to greet us. The complete opposite was true! L'Antica Trattoria was packed and buzzing with activity. We were guided by the waiters on all the food - a ricotta starter with Calamari - deliscious and steak for main, the wine was also amazing, and found by another recommendation.

All round good service and friendly buzzing atmosphere, clearly a hit with the locals for it's rustic take on cooking.

2 Thank Chiara B
Lugano, Switzerland
“ Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Special place run by a family with respect towards customers. They are doing their best to make you feel at home. Thanks!!

2 Thank Dmi1174