“Great food and ambience”
Review of L'Antica Trattoria

L'Antica Trattoria
Ranked #47 of 536 Restaurants in Como
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fiorentine e filetti cotti sul camino a vista
melbourne
“Great food and ambience”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a great night out. The entrees were excellent and the steak florentine was to die for. The special cooking fire added to the atmosphere. The food was reasonably priced and there was an extensive wine list. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank david m

Cirimido, Lombardia, Italy
“Again Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was awhile that I had not been back to L'Antica Trattoria in Como, it was again a fantastic meal, the Fiorentina and Costata is a must at this restaurant. Staff very professional and owner is really a very nice person, without being "over" he is very attentive of what goes on at the table with charm. Went with friends that had never been there and everyone was of the same opinion, a must if you are in Como!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank IMLeonTerzi
Shelton, Connecticut
“Had the best lasagna EVER here...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

While on a short day-trip here from our vacation base in Bellagio, we decided to find this place based on it's high TA ratings and reviews and it turned out to be well worth it. It's just a short way out of the historic district, not hard to find. We went over the menu and I thought I was ready to order but then the waiter mentioned that they had an off the menu special of home made lasagna. I decided to give it a try. After our appetizers and some bread, the lasagna was brought out. I took one bite. I think some chubby little cherub kids with wings started playing harps around my head and I saw a bright light. It was beautiful. (see pic.) With all apologies to my Italian relatives and the great Italian restaurants in the NY-Boston corridor where I live, it was definitely the best lasagna I ever had in my life and probably ever will. I could imagine "nonna" the little Italian grandmother back in the kitchen making this with so much care. I wanted to kiss Nonna and bring her home in my suitcase. It was so melt-in-your-mouth delicious I could've eaten an entire tray of it but that's the American excess in me coming out. It ended up being just the right amount. I'm thinking of it now and I miss it so. Anyway, this place is a wonderful place to dine. Everything we had was great, the wait staff was excellent, spoke English very well. Make it a point to stop here. And if they have Nonna's home made lasagna as an off the menu special that day, GET IT! Trust me, it will stay with you...

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank StingrayJG
Tampere, Finland
“Great food in great place”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had risttoto that was excellent in all respect. It had some cohesio, but was at the same time loose and esy to eat. There is an open fire oven concept, so guests may watch some cooking.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank harrivassu
Sydney, Australia
“Great night!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked this late in afternoon on Saturday. Service was excellent. Family run with friendly service. Pastas all home made - tried the ravioli, excellent. Shared the Bistecca Fiorentina, very good. Didn't have half bottle of chianti but gave us full bottle at same price. Alessio, as Manager, was everywhere but had charm throughout.

• Visited May 2014