Had a lovely view from the small balcony overlooking the Piazza Volta. Location very central for restaurants, sights and the ferry. WiFi was irregular and air conditioning woefully inadequate for the warm weather. When we mentioned both problems we were told that the hotel was under new management and these were things that would be addressed. Alas, too late for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Firenze is a welcoming 3-star hotel located in a historical Neoclassical building, in the centre of Como, in Piazza Volta, meeting point of the town. Hotel Firenze is situated in the limited traffic area: however, guests can reach the hotel by car and leave their luggage, they can then declare the number plate and the model of their car to the reception in order to avoid fines.The advantage of the pedestrian area is allowing guests to enjoy the maximum relax without the trouble of the noise of the city traffic. Hotel Firenze is located at walking distance from the Como S. Giovanni railway station and from the FerrovieNord railway station, both important for connections between Como and Milan. The little tourist pier of Como represents the starting point to reach the wonderful lake destinations such as Bellagio, Argegno, Tremezzo and many others.In this hotel, business travelers or visitors on vacation will find an ideal place to relax and refresh close to the lake. Hotel Firenze offers its guests the best services: the large hall overlooking Piazza Volta – where breakfast is served every morning – and hosting business appointments as well as meetings with friends for entertaining moments; free internet wireless connection; 44 rooms equipped with digital TV, direct telephone, mini-bar, air-conditioning and hairdryer.The kind and reserved staff, the welcoming and familiar atmosphere, the quality services complete the offer and guarantee a pleasant and unforgettable stay. Hotel Firenze is an excellent starting point to visit the town of Como. The hotel is located close to the spectacular lakeside promenade, while the streets around the hotel branch out with their many boutiques, restaurants and tourist attractions.A boat ride is mandatory when in Como and represents the ideal opportunity to visit wonderful landscapes, while a trip aboard the renowned funicular climbing along the mountain as far as Brunate will let you enjoy a breath-taking view on the city and on the basin of the Lake Como. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Albergo Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Firenze Como, Lake Como, Italy
- Albergo Firenze Hotel Como