We were very nicely received by the owners and staff who are all very friendly and accomodating. So to respect their good work, I will start with the bad things about this hotel and finish with the good things to leave you with a better impression.
So, what's wrong ?
- The church bells ... The hotel practically touches a church whose bells ring for a few minutes at 07h00, 08h00 and 08h15. Since it is so close, there is no way to sleep through them and the third time will have you stand up. Good to make your day longer, bad for late sleepers.
- The cold. Our room, the only one on the third floor had heating problems and we had some cold time, but the staff did its best to correct the problem, so it should not happen to you.
- Allergies. The hotel and the rooms are clean, no visible issue, but if you are allergic, take your drugs, it seems the carpet hasn't been seriously washed in a long time, so be prepared to sneeze.
And now for the goodies:
- The price. This hotel is definitely one of the cheapest in Como especially if you do fill the room, our room was meant for four bot with folding beds, can actually accomodate six ! this makes it kind of a price record in Como.
- The location. If you forget about the church and its bells, the hotel is very well placed, close to the center, the lake and lots of fine restaurants
- The value. For a two star, it is quite good overall, the breakfasts are not very imaginative, but they are good and large enough. The whole hotel is reasonably clean, there is a private parking which is quite the luxury in Como town.
So all in all I would recommend the hotel just as a good value for the money. But if you are in Como to enjoy a certain lifestyle and luxury, pay the price and get on of the posh four stars hotes, after all this is only a two star.
Thanks again to the owners and the staff who were really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-owned hotel in Como center with garden and Private Parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Quarcino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarcino Hotel Como
- Hotel Quarcino Como, Lake Como, Italy