Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Linda B
Manchester, United Kingdom

Lovely Friendly Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Oct 2016via mobile
Just spent five nights here with my daughter. Had a wonderful time. The room was cleaned every day. We had a good selection of toiletries and a fridge. Staff were nice and helpful. Spoke very good English. We enjoyed our breakfast each morning. Just enough for us to start the day. And a nice young man always knew we wanted a pot of hot water and a little jug of cold milk for our tea. They also have a bar where we enjoyed a glass of wine. Only 3 euros each. Great location close to a park and the lake. Then a few minutes more and your in town. Really liked this hotel. Definitely good value.
Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ParkHotelComo, Responsabile reception at Park Hotel Meuble, responded to this review
Responded 30 Oct 2016
Dear,
thank you very much for your kind review, really It makes us very happy to know that you have found fine with us.
best regards
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
1.8 miles from Park Hotel Meuble
Free parking
Our private park with pool and whirlpool area
£366
0.4 miles from Park Hotel Meuble
    £338
    £360
View more hotels in Como
All reviews stayed longer piazza cavour lake maid shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for Saturday overnight. Was a good hotel reasonable rooms. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Limited parking out front so arrive early. Short walk to the lake and the town centre. Some good shops and restaurants.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We stayed here 2 nights arriving by train from Milan. Check in was quick and efficient, our only concern is that when we showed our passports the lady on reception wanted to enter the information and return them later. I'm sorry but we don't leave our passports with anyone and waited for her to do that and return them. Our room was very quiet, clean and quite well appointed. It was just a short walk to the lakefront and Como S Giovanni train station. There is a laundromat nearby. There are a couple of restaurants handy but we also walked into the main area of Lake Como on one of our nights for dinner. Breakfast was beautiful. We also had to hand our key in every time we went out which meant that sometimes we were left standing there waiting while people were checking in or out. This was the first time in our trip that we had to do that. Overall we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I had booked a comfort room, which came at an additional price as I really needed a good night's sleep.

As soon as I saw the room, I saw that it looked nothing like the comfort room advertised on their site. In fact, the photo of that very room was posted on their website as the standard room. I was too tired to complain, so I just went to bed.

Only to discover that the hotel is located right next to the city's main football stadium. I could not hear my own thoughts, so I went out to grab a bite and came back after the match was over. I fell asleep but was then awoken by people talking in the next room. They we not loud, but speaking in a normal voice. The walls are really paper thin, providing absolutely no noise insulation. I could hear an sms arrive in the room next door, I could hear disgusting toilet noises, and other interesting bodily noises.

It was 1am. I called reception to change rooms. The only room available was their "suite", which cost double. The guy at the reception would not give me any discount on the suite, even though it was impossible to stay in the original room due to the lack of soundproofing.

So I took the "suite". It had four beds in it, in a space of about 10 square meters. I won't mention the cost, but let's just say that I could stay in a 5-star hotel in London for that price.

When I complained to the manager the following morning, she did not even apologize. Apparently, it was me who was being overly sensitive to noise. I asked her if she thought it was normal to wake up to neighbors' conversation while wearing earplugs. She just shrugged.

The final blow to an already ghastly customer experience was delivered by the very same manager. I needed to work with a colleague in my room (we are journalist and needed to video edit) during the day, but she would not let him in. After some debating my colleague was finally allowed in after registering his contact details and ID with the manager. She let me know that she was doing me a favor by letting him in. Interestingly, in the seven years that I've done this job and worked with cameramen in hotels, it has never happened before.

Oh, and let's not forget the waiters having a loud conversation about their private lives at breakfast, while the guests were sitting quietly. This happens quite often in Italy, where the service culture is less respectful, but it's still worth mentioning.

Only positive thing I can say is that the suite really was quiet and I slept well the second night.

Room tip: Go for the suite if you want to sleep
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Finntraveler80
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Spent one night here with 1 triple room and 1 double room.

Room - ok size for double, but a bit squeezy for triple.
Parking - we got free parking lot, so this was a big plus!
Breakfast - Nothing to shout about, but sufficient
Cleanliness - good
Location - we walked to old town, the pier to take us to Lake Como, and Carrefour supermarket

The value is not high for this place, but it may be because we booked within 2 weeks of our trip.

Room tip: I like the first floor because the elevator is rather small, so i could just walk upstairs to the room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016

My husband and I were lucky to be in Como in August. Como is a wonderful town on the shores of Lake Como, in Lombardia, Northern Italy. From Como you can go to magical Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and other little towns, all around the Lake. You can go to these picturesque little towns by slow boat, fast boat, ferry and local buses.
Lake Como is a long 'Y' shaped beautiful Lake, which is a breathtaking blue when the sky is clear and has gently sloping hills, covered with lush green trees and shrubs, surrounding the Lake. Scattered on the hills are quaint cottages and there are
some magnificent villas on the Lake shores belonging to the rich and famous with award winning gardens full of gorgeous flowers.
We hit the jackpot with our choice of hotel! Renzo, the owner and his family, run the hotel with great love and pride. Renzo inherited this marvelous property from his father and has been looking after his guests for more than 3 decades. He has thought of everything you would need. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are spotless. Although it is a 3 star hotel, the overall experience is a good 4 star. Renzo, his charming wife, handsome and pleasant son, and friendly staff personally make sure that the breakfast table is always filled with high quality treats. What we would look forward to most was being greeted by Renzo in the morning with a lovely Italian smile and a hearty 'Buon giorno' offering an extra caldo cappuccino made expertly by him. Yes, you guessed it right..an extra hot cappuccino with foam right up to the brim of the cup.YUMMY!
The hotel is close to the rail station and just a 15 mins. walk to the centre of town. There are many restaurants in Como where you can sample dozens of different pizzas, pasta, meats, all cooked Italian style with extra virgin olive oil and fresh tomatoes. Chilled Prosecco and several other wines, both red and white, Italian, French and Spanish tempt you everywhere. A glass of wine costs the same as a cup of coffee.
And of course how could I miss it. People happily enjoying scoops of multi colored gelato throughout the day but definitely after dinner to make it a 'Buona notte'. Arrivederci everyone and hope you can have a wonderful holiday in one of the top 10 most beautiful scenic places on Mother Earth.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room.
Date of stay: August 2016