“Fabulous little hotel”
Review of Albergo Del Duca

Albergo Del Duca
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Como
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Spent a night here in this lovely little hotel set in a charming piazza. Front desk staff very welcoming, friendly & helpful. We requested for a quiet room at the back of the hotel & got one! Room was clean & a good size. Very central location to the lake & the 2 train stations. The onsite restaurant serves great food. It was packed every evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Strabo

Reviewed 18 August 2009

We were so happy with Albergo Del Duca. The hotel was so charming and the location was great!!! We walked from the train station to the hotel, and it's just a quick walk to the lake and the ticket booth for the ferries. The restaurant connected to the hotel was delicious. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I was unable to proceed with my holiday and I advised the hotel via email, 3 months prior to my intended stay, that I was cancelling the accommodation booking. Their cancellation terms state that if cancellation is more than 48 hours prior to arrival, there is no charge. Despite my early notification by email the hotel deducted €100.00 from my credit card. I exchanged emails and provided proof to the hotel that my cancellation advice was significantly more than the required 48 hours but they refused to refund the €100.00.

In view of the manner in which I have been treated I question their integrity and would strongly recommend against making a booking at this hotel

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nelson2902Canberra
Reviewed 31 July 2009

As I write this review I am gazing out of the window over the delightful piazza on the 5th evening of our stay in Como. The Albergo del Duca is the perfect the place to stay. The hotel is located in the heart of the historic old town, just a few minutes walk from the lake shore. Our room is not particularly large, but it is well appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast is very nice - cereals, yoghurt, croissants, ham, cheese, juice and coffee. The staff are helpful. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. These can be a little noisy in the evening, but when they have closed it is very quiet. I would recommend that you print the directions from the website - my sat nav took me along some very narrow streets.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I stayed for three nights and it was perfect. A small, family run hotel with excellent staff, both friendly and helpful. My room was very clean, with a full bathroom. If you are a solo traveler, and like rooms with character, I would suggest asking for the room on the third floor, it's excellent (check out the photos I have uploaded!).

Located only a two minute walk from the lake, and five minutes from two main railway stations it is the perfect location, overlooking a beautiful, quaint and peaceful square.

The food & drink in the restaurant is highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I stayed here for a week in the winter and it was the perfect choice.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was great, and the location
was central to all.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel had some mixed reviews on tripadvisor. However, I found an excellent value. the room was very clean, with spacious bedroom and bathroom and wood floors. It is 2 minutes away from the central Piazza and the docks. In addition, the price was very reasonable compared with the other hotels in the area (which were almost double the price)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo