NH Lecco Pontevecchio
US$98
Hotel Bellavista(Valmadrera)
TripAdvisor
1,318 results
All reviewsthe rivernice hotelthe hotel stafffree parkingfruitscrambled eggsan upgradebreakfast was excellentold bridgeper daynice stayspacious roomtrain stationbooked this hotelgood sizeten minutesjunior suite
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel was well located, a short walking distance to the city centre. The front desk lady that checked us in was extremely nice and willing to help. We only stayed one night and as we arrived in the evening, she gave us some restaurant recommendations in the city. We chose one she advised and it was excellent. She also provided direction for the next day, as we wanted to reach Bellagio and Como.
The room was clean and quite large, as well as the bathroom. The next morning we enjoyed a long holiday breakfast, a great variety of excellent food, for all tastes.

A really good choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed only one night on business. Check in was efficient and room of a good standard. It was a short walk to a restaurant on the banks of the lake. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was above average. Difficult to say more when I was only there for such a short time. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during a road trip and it was my favourite hotel of the whole holiday.

The customer service was excellent, the reception staff were very friendly and helpfully gave us some tourist information and the restaurant staff at breakfast were great too. Both were very welcoming to us and our 9 month old son.

The room was spacious with a lovely view of the lake. The bed was very comfortable and we had lots of room for our travel cot. The only downside to the room was that the air con seemed not to be working properly, but we forgot to mention it to the staff when we left and wasn't really an issue as the weather was mild.

The breakfast was really good, there was a large choice of food both hot and cold. Lots of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt with different topping (ie dried fruits, nuts, seeds etc), selection of pastries, breads, eggs, meats etc. I really enjoyed it and I'm not a breakfast person.

Overall a lovely hotel, I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ko1983
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The NH Hotel in Lecco is your classic business hotel with a local touch. It is conveniently located next to Lake Como and within walking distance of Lecco centre (10 mins tops). Our double room was quite spacious and had all the usual business hotel amenities. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the buffet breakfast which was free of charge and offered several local and Italian dishes. If you manage to get a good deal for this NH hotel like we did it is def. a good choice as your base for exploring the Italian lakes.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, although an easy drive to visit some of the towns around Lake Como, we found the town of Lecco very quiet with not much going on in May. The ferries only run on Sunday at this time of the year. Really difficult to find places to eat and the hotel food was average at best.

My biggest complaint was that I left a jacket on the back of my chair in their restaurant, although we charged the meal to our room, no effort was made to notify me. I did not realize that I had left it behind until we had moved on to our next location. When I contacted the hotel, Patrizia's response to my request of shipping it back to the U.S. (it was a good jacket, at my expense for shipping of course) was a flat out refusal to help (other then putting it in a box for a courier), and informed me that the hotel I was staying at should help me. They did and I will be writing a 5 star review for them. The NH Pontevecchio is supposed to be on the higher end of the 4/5 star rating. Although the hotel is clean and our room was nice. Over all if you want to see and enjoy Lake Como book further up the lake. As other folks have commented Lecco is very industrial and this is a business hotel. I guess doing business is the goal, not customer satisfaction!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple