The villa is beautiful and very private. I loved our spacious room, the antique furnishings, and the view of the water. There is no air conditioning which is typically fine with me because there was a nice breeze off the lake but this required leaving the doors open all night. Despite my poor sweltering husband's request, I couldn't bring myself to leave doors sans screens open because of the bugs (a little phobic). Did I mention we were there in August? The lack of Internet was frustrating especially since I typically use my iPhone for restaurant info, etc., but we found a cafe with free wireless. Breakfast was mediocre but do go there for dinner, her ravioli is top notch. Great location overall due to access to ferry, restaurants, etc. A good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little lovely villa, 19th-century, on the edge of lake. All 3 rooms en-suite with great lake view and balcony. Lovely little garden with table and chairs to enjoy the view of the lake.Laura and Mamma are there to welcome you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Villa Torretta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Torretta Hotel Varenna
- Villa Torretta Varenna, Lake Como, Italy