There are a few mixed reviews on this B & B so we were anxious to stay and give our own
view of the experience. The Inn is just a short stroll down hill from the train station and easy
to find, as it is next to the sister property and right across from ferry station. We found the owner to be somewhat friendly and Christian was very helpful lugging our heavy bags up to the room. We had a cottage type accommodation with very large room and bathroom along with picture window with lake view. The room was clean, but rustic. The beds and pillows are a bit hard, but this is old world Italy with all its quirky charm. We did not have any train noise, ferry noise, or any real problem with noise at all. Not sure why some reviews address this problem as it was very quiet for us. The B & B common rooms were quite lovely with antique furniture and this was an inviting place to sit and use the internet service. The Inn is located next to the lake side walk to stroll (less than 5 minutes) to the center of Varenna where you will find some great food and shops, plus amazing lake views. We did not eat dinner at the restaurant at the hotel, although the owner offered a discount on the room if we ate there. The breakfast is served in the sister hotel next door (where dinner is served) and is very limited. They offer bread, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. Not a big meal but enough to start the day. This is a convenient location if you are hopping around on water taxi to visit other areas like Bellagio, which is only a 10 minute boat ride away. The owner does insist on cash for the room, but we thought the rate was quite fair given the room rates at some locations throughout Lake Como. Overall it was a good experience for us. Staying in small towns in Italy can be iffy
and I would suggest that if you stay at this place you should go with an open mind and low
expectations. Admire the beauty of the lake and forget about the odd inconveniences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little lovely villa, 19th-century, on the edge of lake. All 3 rooms en-suite with great lake view and balcony. Lovely little garden with table and chairs to enjoy the view of the lake.Laura and Mamma are there to welcome you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Villa Torretta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Torretta Hotel Varenna
- Villa Torretta Varenna, Lake Como, Italy