Villa Torretta is actually owned by Hotel Olivedo, a few steps away. It is a grand place with large rooms and renovated bathrooms. It is also within walking distance of the train station, a definite asset. It is also next to the pier where you take the boat to tour Lago di Como.
However, because it is an older building, the rooms are not soundproof. Fortunately, this was not a problem for us as the Villa was relatively empty while we were there. The breakfast was quite limited, in fact, even though it was included with our room, we had breakfast elsewhere after the first day.
Even though we enjoyed our stay in Varenna, Villa Torretta seemed too isolated for our liking and the owner was not as welcoming as we have experienced elsewhere in Italy.
Overall, Villa Torretta was a very good place as a base to visit Lago di Como if you do not have a car and are travelling by train.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little lovely villa, 19th-century, on the edge of lake. All 3 rooms en-suite with great lake view and balcony. Lovely little garden with table and chairs to enjoy the view of the lake.Laura and Mamma are there to welcome you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Torretta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Torretta Hotel Varenna
- Villa Torretta Varenna, Lake Como, Italy