“A gem of a property !”

Hotel Villa Cipressi
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Varenna
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This hotel is a fabulous find in the small, quiet of Varenna on Lake Como. Easy access to all of the Lake using the ferries, but away from the crowds! The hotel is gorgeous and rooms are clean and well appointed. There appears to be a wedding every night, but this was never a problem or inconvenience for us. The staff is excellent and extremely accommodating. The views of the lake are just stunning, and it is wonderful to just open the windows, drink in the views and enjoy! Breakfast is very nice, and coffee/cappuccino is excellent. Do not miss an opportunity to enjoy this wonderful hotel and lovely town !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view !!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bayfieldbelle
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Cipressi

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I have just been married at the beautiful, and most stunning venue I have ever been too. Villa cipressi is just quality at its best, no words to describe this amazing place. Thinking of stopping for a few days or even your wedding here please don't hesitate, it's like a film set. Davide and his staff were amazing, the food/ canapés to die for. Varenna it's self is quaint and so lovely to visit. I did base myself in bellagio but both areas are lovely just completely different feel to both. The sun shone all day which was a massive bonus. Everything ran like clockwork and I am so glad I decided on cipressi after looking around lake como prior. Please please visit this stunning place. Thanks again villa cipressi for the ultimate perfection of a wedding venue.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Varenna in October 2010 and we had all 25 of our guests stay here. We also had our reception at the hotel. The staff were incredibly accommodating throughout the week and helped us coordinate the week's activities. The rooms are bland but clean and the breakfast made for a perfect Italian morning. For the location and the price, we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Our daughter is getting married in June 2012 and we researched villas in Florence and the Lake Como region for a perfect venue. Villa Cipressi fit our needs perfectly. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and decorated with antique furniture. The hotel grounds are stunning to say the least. Davide and his staff were extremely helpful in planning the wedding as well as assisting us with restaurant recommendations and day excursions. We have stayed at the villa Cipressi numerous times over the past year and have enjoyed each and every visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank camps258
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at how great this hotel was. The view of the lake was just awesome. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was (we only ate breakfast each day at the hotel) was very good and plentiful. My wife has a food allergy and needs gluten free foods, but the hotel was more than accommodating. They provided her a large selection of gluten free foods each morning at no extra charge. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a Lake view room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I were married on August, 4th, 2011 in the beautiful Villa Cipressi. This review is LONG overdo! From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were in awe of the beauty, tranquility and enchantment of the Villa. If it had not been for our FABULOUS wedding planner, Federica Nascimben with the Italian Wedding Event, we would NEVER had known about this romantic and perfect location for our wedding!

Here are some of the details:
ROOM: Absolutely BREATHTAKING! Highly recommend staying in one of the view rooms on the second floor. We would stand for hours staring out the window...the mountains, the Lake, WOW! Yes, there are many weddings that take place (as ours did), but the staff is very respectful in helping to keep the wedding seperate from the hotel guests...also, if they do have a wedding and have to close down the restaurant...there is SO many delicious restaurants within walking distance...not to fret!

FOOD: WOW. The wedding meal was superb...probably one of the best meals we have had...ever...and definitely for a wedding caterer. We had the traditional Italian wedding cake that was unlike anything we had seen, and so incredibly delicious! Our guests raved. Yes, the meal is very long, but it is Italy...savor and enjoy!
Breakfast was perfect...consisting of cereals, fresh pastries, coffee, granola, yogurt. Sit on the patio and bask in the sun, or stay inside on a rainy day and enjoy the view!

GROUNDS: The most well-kept hotel grounds I have stayed in..perfectly manicured with a gorgeous garden below to wander through and get lost in your own thoughts.

LOCATION: RIGHT in the center of Varenna! It was perfect for strolling through town and for a little longer walk to wander along the waterfront.

STAFF: We were lucky to have Federica Nascimben assist with all our needs prior to our arrival as our planner, but the staff was beyond helpful! We had a few issues with our videographer who we brought with from the states and his equipment didn't all make the flight...the front desk staff assisted in calling the airlines for us and helping with the transportation issues. AMAZING!

THE WEDDING: Of course, I'm biased because it was my own, but I can't imagine hosting a wedding in a more serene and lovely location. Guiseppe and Diane from Blessings From Italy officiated our wedding in the gardens of the Villa. It was spectacular. Following a lovely ceremony, we had a fabulous cocktail party up on the patio with delicious appetizers and drinks! This was followed by dinner, then dancing. My only complaint is the dancing started so much later because the dinner is very long...and we had to stop music by midnight (which is good for being a guest at the hotel!)

Overall, a fairy tale experience.

Room Tip: View rooms facing the lake and alps!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank SeattleGal_inMadrid
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had my wedding at villa cipressi in early October. I planned my whole wedding using tripadvisor and never having been there I was quite anxious reading some of the reviews.... Once I got there I was relieved! The place is amazing, the staff sooo nice, and restaurant delicious.

Rooms: Allot of the wedding party stayed at the hotel myself included. Our rooms all had views that were amazing; rooms were very clean, and huge! The bathrooms not fancy but were clean, new appliances, and nice hot water! For the wedding night we changed rooms to the Manzoni suite also amazing.

Food: Amazing food, make reservations for the restaurant it can get full. Outdoor view is beautiful. Breakfast that is included is very typical continental breakfast... bread, coffee, cereal. They did have hard boiled eggs.

Staff: Amazing, very accommodating.

Wedding Day: Everything went very well and the ballroom was very pretty, food amazing. I had read the reviews about music being a problem in the past ... My only criticism is I had a DJ come to play music during dinner and since he was set up in another room and he was not allowed to play until dinner was over. Mind you dinner was very long there are many courses which is not a bad thing but when there is no music it seems quite longgg. We had to use an iPod to play during dinner even though the DJ was being paid and waiting in the second room. So I wasted my money to have him there early. When the dessert was put out the DJ was allowed to play so he only played for end of the night. They put many tasty desserts out but took them away so fast I was not able to sample anything. Davide did let us play music alittle longer than expected which was much appreciated. All and all I had a great time and would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue! Maybe just use and IPod instead of hiring a DJ.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view it is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnmCRNA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varenna
Royal Victoria
Eremo Gaudio
#5 of 6 in Varenna
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio

Been to Hotel Villa Cipressi? Share your experiences!