We stayed in Casa Rosa on the second floor. We had an amazing view with a small balcony that overlooks Lake Como. The double bed was comfortable and felt like one mattress.
It was so nice to wake in the morning to the sounds of Italians on the street below greeting each other and getting their day started. The sounds of the town are just amazing.
Varena is one of the quintessential Italian villages with very old cobble stone streets bordered by colorful brick and stone walls, flower pots and amazing glimpses of the water below.
There are no cars in the heart of the village. If you will be driving, plan ahead and work with your hotel to reserve a parking place. DO THIS VERY EARLY. We had a car and thankfully had access to a private garage through the hotel.
We had a fantastic experience with this hotel. They provide WiFi and a great restaurant a few blocks from Casa Rosa. Such a wonderful visit. YES YES YES! We would visit again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolce Far Niente at the Albergo Milano, the Sweet Delight of Doing Nothing on Lake of Como will remain our credo for the time being... Besides the charmingly decorated rooms at the main house, Albergo Milano, we also offer comfortable accommodation at our new annexes Casa Rossa, the apartments Casa Gialla and Casa 3 Archi, perfect alternatives for an unforgettable stay in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo Milano Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Milano Hotel And Apartments
- Albergo Milano Hotel & Apartments Varenna, Lake Como, Italy