“Perfect Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Albergo Beretta
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Varenna
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed for a couple nights at the end of March. We stayed at the number 4 room and the room was absolutly perfect. Nice view to the lake, big bed, nice and clean bathroom, big sofa and a 22" TV. The room was at the 1st floor and it was very tranquil.
The breakfast was very nice, cafe/juice, variety of croisands, donunts and jam and nutella for toast bread.
The location of the hotel was very convinient, a few minutes away from the center of Varena and very close to the ferries.

The hotel was absolutly perfect considering for the price and I would defently reccomend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Inflane

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here as it was the cheapest hotel close to Varenna. The location was good, about 5 minutes from central Varenna by foot. However, that was about the extent of the positives. The room - although non-smoking - absolutely stunk of smoke. We were on the first floor directly above the bar which proved to be very noisy as every time someone moved we could hear chairs scraping the tile floor. We were also kept awake by the owners screaming children running up and down the hallway. In the morning we woke to the sound of a blasting radio downstairs in the kitchen which sounded so clear we could sing along to the words as if the stereo was playing in our room. This is definitely budget accommodation, but if you can afford to pay more I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah B
Reviewed 6 March 2014

- basic clean 1-star hotel
- working class locals hangout in lobby/bar which is nice to see the "real" culture
- easy walk to/from train station with luggage. 5 minute walk to everything
- I would stay here again in a second

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rad79
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been there at June. The room was small but nice and clean. There was wonderful view from the window. The place and the town is marvelous! And the hotel is situated just in 5 minutes walk from the lake Como. Only one flaw - the staff faintly speak English. Anyway it is cool and the price is quite reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Xen0m0rph
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and i selected Albergo Beretta Hotel for the convenience of near the train station and ferry. We didn't have a car and were toting bags, so this worked out great. Other than the grumpy gentleman who is responsbile for breakfast, the rest of the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Not much if any English, but that didn't pose a problem for us. The room was basic with a private bath. I do recommend paying extra for a lake view as our 2nd floor room had no visibility except for the smallest opening through the trees.

My only complaint, like others, is the noise. Every morning, likely because our room was directly over the bar/newstand/cafe, we were awaken at 0630 by the noises below. Sat night, it was the noises above! If you are a heavy sleeper, one who wakes up very early, or the ones making the most noise, this hotel is an affordable and convenient option. Else, you may feel like the savings was not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jlkdoh
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Near Varenna-Esino station and not far from touristics attraction, Staff very friendly,clean and nice room, value for money.I love all.I dinner at the reataurant in the hotel,home-made pork sausage is yummy.

Room Tip: Up to you . Everything is cool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I arrived in Varenna mid September (not peak season). I tried to get help finding somewhere to sleep that night at tourist information in Varenna itself (they weren't in the slightest interested in helping, gave me a listing for the whole of the lakes and a map with no street names).

I to decided I would stroll around to near the station where I was catching the train next morning found this place, the woman at the desk was very helpful (excellent english) it was cheaper than the other places in the book for someone on their own. The finish was dated but it was very clean and comfortable it faced onto the street but this not being peak season the road was quiet at night and the shutters were effective. I could slightly hear next doors snoring but I slept ok.

I had a rushed breakfast next morning because of catching the train, was basic but fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Imogen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varenna
Royal Victoria
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
#2 of 16 in Bellagio

Been to Albergo Beretta? Share your experiences!