Albergo del Sole
Casa Stacy(Varenna)
Hotel Olivedo(Varenna)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle roomcenter squaresolealarm clocktrain stationbell towerlasagnayogurthouse winesmall hotelcold cutsbeautiful townevery eveningsteep hillview of lake comoshort walkthree nights
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Two of us spent four nights at this small hotel in the triple room on the top floor, at the back of the hotel. There is a lift. The room was very spacious with a sofa bed at one end. We had two windows with a fabulous view over the lake. There was no noise at all. The room was very clean and the staff were friendly. Breakfasts were simple, and served either in the dining room or, as we chose, sitting outside, watching the locals come and go. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DG_Sydney77
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When I first arrived, I was very hot from dragging my suitcase from the station. The owner, Francesco, greeted me immediately with a smile. We began the check in and he stopped and said, "uno momento" He left and returned with an icy cold glass of sparkling water! Now that was nice. Helped me upstairs with my bag and I went into my room. It was a single room, small, but so fresh and clean and modern bath. Located in Piazza San Giorgio , close to shops and the water. The food at the restaurant was phenomenal! Outdoor seating, as well as a large area inside. The seats filled up very quickly each night, because word is out that it's the place to be! I couldn't asked for a more gracious host. My only complaint was the walls between my room and the next were thin. And "lucky me" there was a young child that loved to hum all evening long as well as in the shower! At 7am he began to hum revelé. But I would highly recommend Albergo del Sole! Thank you Francesco and Co!

Room Tip: Noise level. ( see above) no view from my room but who cares?
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank martykirch
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was our first visit to Italy and our first evening. After traveling for 18 hours, the owners of this establishment went above and beyond to help my brother and I feel welcome in Italy. We had dinner at their restaurant and they gave us a complimentary glass of Prosecco to help celebrate my brothers birthday. They spoke broken English, but tried to give the best recommendations and advice they could.
The room was small, but clean. The only issue is the noise can be quite loud in your room if people are eating in the restaurant downstairs. The breakfast was fantastic. It consisted of Italian meats, cheeses, bread, and fresh orange juice and hot beverages. The dinner is also really good.
Located in the center square of Verenna, and an easy traveling location to Bellagio. Verenna has great personality with small winding alleys and beautiful buildings.
I would recommend this hotel for a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: If possible request a room on the upper level, to help avoid noise from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed the comfort and view from our room. The staff was warm and very accommodating to my requests.The included breakfast in the dining room was excellent as were the dinners available to the public in the evening.

Strangely, for a small, intimate hotel of only 8 rooms, half of them had handicapped bathrooms. I am too small to comfortably use the toilet. It is also strange because the town of Varenna, as well as the hotel, is not built to allow wheelchairs or people with difficulty walking. Fortunately, we were eventually given a regular bathroom.

Room Tip: There are only eight rooms, so early booking is suggested.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a room with balcony overlooking the town square. Nice clean room, bed with slight sag in center, but not uncomfortable. The hotel staff were very helpful, with one member spending 15 minutes online to help me with the train schedule out of Milan. A small town and everyone in this facility goes out of their way to help you with whatever you need. The complimentary breakfast was very good with meat, cheese, croissant, bread, jam, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the balcony over the town square.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple