“Nice outdoor seating!”

Ristorante San Lorenzo
Ranked #90 of 171 Restaurants in Sirmione
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We ate there in July and it was fantastic. I don't see it listed within Sirmione.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were attracted to this restaurant because of the ambience and outdoor seating. we also had been told that they had great pizza and was around for many years! We had passed by it the night before we went there and it seemed to have drawn a crowd. (Not always a good sign) We were seated at a nice table outside, but was not thrilled with our waiter. although he did get friendlier as the meal progressed. We ordered pasta which was OK, not anything special and then a pizza which was good, not great, again, not special. There was a large service charge for eating there and not worth it. I am sure there are much better restaurants to gpo to in Sirmione.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

4 euro for sitting in a table. The service man was unpleasant and rude. I would never come back. It was very disappointing

Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a busy day of exploring Sirmione this restaurant was the pefect place to enjoy lunch. Its located in the centre of the town and the special of the day we were there was trout (from Lake Garda) baked in salt, which was brought to our table where the head and tail were cut off and the server de-boned it right in front of us. It was by far the best fish meal I've ever had. My wife really enjoyed her Lake Garda sardines too. The side salad and french fries were great too.

It wasnt cheap but was really enjoyable and in a great setting with plants providing a canopy to protect us from the sun!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

You are on holiday and see a restaurant full of customers so automatically assume that it is a good restaurant.
Some of us though who are well travelled and have clocked a few extra miles around the world however try to stay away from the busy town centres and head for less beaten tracks and find restaurants which attract people because of their food and not location.
And this is the only thing that this restaurant has to offer; Location.
My Italian partner who kindly brought me to Sirmione made the first mistake of choosing this restaurant as it was late and we were tired from town/village hopping around Lago Di Garda. We spent a lovely day and aimed to have a simple meal on our last night. What could possibly go round?
From the moment we sat down, we were greeted by a rude waitress who thought it was amusing to keep repeating my partner's name. Things got worse by her silly behaviour as she kept pushing my partner's chair and placing our bread basket / olive oil and drinks on the edge of our table. No side plates!
Food was mediocre. Roasted potatoes burnt and soggy.
As we were about to pay, we were asked if everything was ok. My partner made the second mistake of the night and with good intentions tried to give a feedback and explained our opinion.
Alas another waitress took exception to our comments and quite loudly disputed our remarks! We don't go on holiday / out to restaurants to argue with staff. I suspect most people are the same and keep quiet no matter how bad the food / service is.
Thanks to the location of this restaurant they get unlimited supply of unsuspecting clients.
Under normal circumstances, anywhere in the world, staff/management would have apologised for the poor quality of food and service. Had the position been acknowledged that we are the clients and they were supposed to be the service providers then there would not have been such a confrontation by the waitresses.

2  Thank dlucky1
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Poor service: the waiter removed bread from our table while I was still eating a bit of it (I was literally chewing while keeping a piece of bread in my hand).
Food: very very good but very very small amount of it in every dish (at the end we were still hungry).
Price:too high for what you actually eat.
Location:very nice
Ladies Toilet: the door had to be kepr closed with a hand while inside because the lock was broken.
I would not go back and would not either recommend it to friends.