- My face actually dropped upon arrival at the hotel...outdated decor throughout the premisis...:(
The hotel overall lacked that "fuzzy feeling"; the only nice area was the pool- and outdoor restaurant.
It might have been a 5* hotel 15 years ago, can not believe they still are being granted all stars!!!
- The room I was allocated was just above the kitchen/personell entrance...overlooking the castle walls. O
When asking for another room (paid over 250E for a single room!!!), they could not grant me one, due to the hotel beig booked full....ok, understandable!
When booking a massage-spa-day prior to my arrival over the phone, I was told that it was within walking distance from the hotel (the therme).
After check-in, I found out that the hotel had massage facilities at the hotel & the lady at the reception wondered why I did not book one at the hotel itself (as I was 7 months pregnant; "yes" I did tell this over the phone & "yes" after the 4th month...pregnant people CAN have massages without harming the unborn baby...)!
The walk up to the therme was not a problem, as it is right through the town itself.
Great location though, just in front of the entrance into Sirmione peninsula.
Restaurant staff were friendly and provided prompt service.
Reception staff were friendly- and polite, but did not care too much putting a smile on their faces.
Foodprices were a rip-off.
Would rather go to another lower classed hotel (4*) within the walls of Sirmione next time for the price they charge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant, classy environment, in unique, charming surroundings. This is the Grand Hotel Terme whichlooks out onto one of the most enchanting views of Sirmione. Here you will be able to breathe in and live the exclusive atmosphere of an historic and prestigious hotel.Not only large rooms and wonderful suites, but you will also find the Restaurant L'Orangerie, a garden equipped for your relaxation and a jetty for trips on Lake Garda.The hotel is equipped with a thermal spa, a small gym and an outdoor thermal pool with hydromassages and effervescent beds, complimentary for guests, linked to the Sala Relax directly accessible from the rooms by an internal lift, with loungers for relaxation, an intimate lounge with fireplace, a herbal tea corner. Moreover, the Private Spa, an area for private use, with sauna, waterfall shower, Jacuzzi and tables for treatments and massages for two. The Grand Hotel Terme has a luxury spa, Spa Castello, with a Jacuzzi minipool, Finnish sauna, steam bath, icefall, emotional showers and a relaxation area with lake view and framed by the Scaligero Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Terme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sirmione
- Grand Hotel Terme Sirmione, Lake Garda, Italy