Ca' Serena Hotel
US$305
US$293
US$344
US$234
Hotel Porto Azzurro(Sirmione)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$590
US$567
Grand Hotel Terme(Sirmione)
US$465
All reviewslake gardaonly stayed one nighti highly recommend this hotelclean roomsvisiting sirmioneamazing locationsupermarket
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We booked for 2 nights but extended our stay to 4. No, we had no bath, no minibar or fridge but the setting is delightful. The bed was hard, but that's how I like it. The air conditioning is new this year & ultra efficient. Breakfast is basic but ample. When my husband asked about English newspapers, Claudio jumped on his motorbike to go look for one. Although he failed, his efforts were gratefully appreciated. Thank you, Monica, Cristina, Claudio & Sara for making our stay at Ca Serena so relaxing. Your help was invaluable.
Ca Serena is ideally situated for a day trip to Verona, which lies an hour away, using the Blue Line Bus that passes the hotel road. Price for 2 is €9.60, when paid on the bus or €7.00 when tickets bought at the Tabbacchi
Sirmione is 30 min walk away or you can catch either of 2 buses an hour. Last bus back is at 9.00pm, then taxi is €10 to the hotel. Restaurants in the old town are expensive as it exists only for tourists, so you should expect no less.
Contact hotel directly for best rates!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed 4 nights and very happy. Rooms fairly small but comfortable and come with a empty fridge ....... great idea and most welcome. Great view of the lake and good breakfast. We found the walk into Sirmione a drag so hired the bikes at 7.5 euros each per day.
Was always somebody on reception to greet and advise. Just a lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a lake view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

If you are the kind of person who likes being near the water with long bike rides, watersports, swimming + endless walking paths around a gorgeous lake lined with lavender, roses and jasmine..castle ruins, fresh Italian food and friendly people, then you must stay here. This family-run hotel has great service, Monica 100-thankyou's for emailing me all the directions from the Milan airport-Desenzano train station and help with my boxed breakfast for my departure after three blissful days on the lake.

I had no idea what to expect being my first visit to Sirmione, I knew I was going to be close to the lake, didn't realise I was going to be right ON the lake. I'd originally thought I 'should' have booked somewhere super-close to the castle ruins at the tip of Sirmione, but am so pleased I didn't. Instead I went for a powerwalk there each morning (30minutes there and 30 mins back which was ideal) and each time it was over-run by tourist buses. Was great to return to Ca'Serena where it is quiet, away from the road, yet very conveniently located near the town centre, supermarket and bus stop for day trips.

My room was on the top floor, spotless, big LCD TV, fast wi-fi, excellent air-conditioning and a new white bathroom with power shower. Both bath+bedroom had windows that overlook the lake. The breakfast each day was fabulous -- cereal, yoghurts, ham, cheese, and my favourite: eggs cooked fresh, just how you like them. After breakfast make your way out onto the patio (free sunlounges by Ca'Serena), or go down onto the grass where the cafe rents their blue sun-lounges for only 6euro per day. This was base-camp for me for the entire stay, the perfect spot to relax, quick dip, snooze, then swim again. I thoroughly recommend Ca' Serena, thank you again for making my first trip here so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My partner, Carole, and I had a great time last week in the Ca’ Serena. The hotel is spotlessly clean, has a splendid terrace for sunbathing or enjoying afternoon/evening drinks and is well-located. Our room had a combination safe for valuables and a fridge, and there was free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

It is only 25 metres from the lake itself, overlooks a reasonably priced restaurant serving decent pizza and pasta dishes and is adjacent to a more pricey restaurant where the helpings are huge – watch out if you order a calzone! A place to rent a boat/canoe/pedalo is very close by and there are bus stops less than 100 metres south of the hotel from where, in addition to the local (yellow) buses, you can catch a (blue) bus (LN026) to Brescia or Verona or to stops in between e.g. to Peschiera del Garda where there is a station on the Milan-Venice railway line.

Incidentally, to get to the hotel we caught the shuttle bus from Verona Airport to the Porta Nuova rail station which is adjacent to Verona’s bus station from where we caught the 26 bus to the hotel (ask the driver for the stop by the Sirmione cemetery). It’s a longer journey but costs a lot less than a cab. For subsequent bus journeys we bought tickets in advance from the ticket office up by the old town (next to the post office) or the tobacconist south of the hotel. This is cheaper than paying on the bus but you must validate these tickets using the machine at the front of the bus when you board it.

Sirmione old town is less than 30 minutes walk from the hotel. We made at least four there-and-back walks and enjoyed the strolls but a lot of other tourists cycled there. We also paid €23.40 each to use Lake Garda’s ferry service in order to visit several towns and villages in the southern half of the lake, including lovely Bardolino.

The only regret we had about our stay at the Ca’ Serena was that we had not booked a room with a lake view but that was our mistake. The best thing was Monica who is officially the hotel’s afternoon and evening receptionist, barmaid and waitress but is in reality the “face” of Ca’ Serena and is a mine of information about all aspects of the hotel, Sirmione and the surrounding areas. She can tell you (including in advance of your stay) about the bus services, the railway timetables, the boats on Lake Garda, the cycle hire facilities etc etc. Thanks for all your help, Monica!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place, very warm and home feeling in it. Rooms are clean and nice and our room 105 had a huge balcony to the lake which is just beautiful... price was reasonable and for what you get this is a great value for money

• Stayed: May 2013