“great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Sirmione
Sittard
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked this hotel for three nights. We got a more expensive room as booked because it was free and we travelled with our little dog. So we got a room with balcony for free.
The friendlyness was overwelming and we feld at home right away.
They serve a good breakfast and the rooms are clean. The beds where comfertable.
The hotel is situated in the midst of the old town of Sirmione. Our room was located on the front but sound insulation was so good that when the balcony door was closed there was absolute silence in the room
The AC made some noise but it didn't bother us.
I would centainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We have just come back from a wonderful holiday in Sirmione. My family and I went on holiday there as Sirmione was recommended to us by a friend who lives near this village in Italy. I found this hotel on the internet. It seemed a good location as I wanted to be central and it seemed to be really important to be in the old town which lies within the walls of the castle. It also had a family room which we need being a family of five. As I approached the hotel I was in heaven before I even entered. The smell from this tree sheltering the entrance was beautiful. I never got to find the direct translation but between the jasmine tree and the tree which shall remain nameless it was amazing. And then, well, I have never been made to feel so welcome. They greeted me so warmly and after a fraught flight I really needed it! They took us up to our roomwhich was perfect for us. It was very comfortable for the five of us and it was spotless!. There was mineral water waiting for us in the little drinks fridge, a hairdryer and shampoo etc. The room was cleaned every day by this really jolly lady. We went up to breakfast the next morning where we greeted again so warmly. They had a great choice of everything you could want. There was Twinings tea, earl grey, camomile, eggs, cereal, cake, croissant, toast, biscuits, cheese and parma ham. I am sure I have missed stuff out but we were very happy and felt well taken care of. The location of hotel is perfect. A very short walk to two beaches, bar restaurants, the church is opposite, oh I could go on and am very well aware that I am. This hotel has everything but for me, the family that run it really made it for me. There was Cristina and Paola who are sisters and then Claudia and Ottavia who are sisters (daughters of Cristina). My children are 12, 6 and 5 so they are noisy and are very tiggerish. The staff were so patient with them and treated them so kindly. They let them take extra biscuits for the day and made a fuss of them. In fact, the children would leave the hotel room and I often found them on the Claudia and Ottavia's lap around the reception area! It is a very well run family business and I feel so glad that I found this hotel and that I found Sirmione. What a holiday! I recommend it 100%

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last april and we loved our stay very much. The owners are very nice and gave us a lot of useful advices, e.g. about absolutely perfect restaurants nearby. Room had a terrific view on the town. Overall, room, breakfast and bathroom are very simple, but the attention and smile from the owners is what made it perfect. The hotel has a small parking and they took good care of our car, so we didn't worry if we need to re-park it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gabriso
SanktPeterburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Very good hotel. Fine location - the old city, between a fortress and a thermal complex. 2 minutes walk from the port and not more than 5 minutes from bus stop. Slightly away (50 metres) from the main street with restaurants and shops. Convenient number. Remarkable personnel. Good breakfast. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DmitryZagrivny
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The ladies that run this hotel are incredibly nice. They gave us great sightseeing tips. The hotel felt quiet and safe after dark. Breakfast was a healthy selection of hard boiled eggs, yogurt, granola, juices, coffee, bread, meat and cheese. Everything was scrupulously clean and very organized.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank seagypzy
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

That's honestly how we felt. We instantly felt connected to our hostesses and, because of this, if we ever return to Lake Garda we'll stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable. We had the room that faced down onto the street below into a few shops and could just see the lake over the rooftops. We easily enjoyed a halfday roaming around the peninsula, a daytrip to Verona (excellent), and another halfday at Aquaria.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Wonderful stay at Corte Regina, thanks entirely to the warmth and laughter that Paola and Cristina provide. The hotel itself is perfectly clean and modern but without these friendly sisters running the show it would not be nearly as good. Breakfast appetites were amply provided for. The location is central, so we didn't have to walk too far to get back after all those ice-creams...

My cousin unknowingly lost her purse in the hotel. They found it after we had left and immediately emailed to inform us. I would stay here again if I returned to Sirmione.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family