“I'm sorry we stayed for only one night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Du Lac

Hotel Du Lac
Ranked #22 of 69 Hotels in Sirmione
Denver, Colorado
“I'm sorry we stayed for only one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We were on a driving trip through Europe and stopped at the lake for one night. We chose this hotel because it was close to the water, had an elevator (my parents were with us and they have trouble climbing stairs), and had a/c. The parking was incredibly convenient - right by the hotel; the breakfast is served outside with a view of the lake - I don't remember how good breakfast was or wasn't because I was so enthralled with the view; and service was excellent. The woman at the desk when we checked in was friendly and welcoming and sent someone to help with the luggage. The same man who helped us get the luggage to the room saw me wheeling my suitcase down the hall the next morning and insisted on taking my luggage for me (really - I tried to do it myself and he was insistent, as he was ten minutes later when he saw me wheeling my parents' luggage through the hall and insisted on taking it!). One flaw - the a/c in our room was not working and they could not get it to work while we were there. They were highly apologetic and they did bring us a fan which helped, especially because we could not keep the windows open in the evening because of the tiny bugs that will come in the room.

The rooms are not the most up to date nor are the bathrooms but they were clean and comfortable. Our room had a view of the lake and a tub with shower in it. My parents' room did not have a view and had a stand-up shower. The towels are indeed odd - made of tea towel material, not terry cloth (which I would prefer). It is not a luxurious room but it was comfortable. When we left the hotel the next morning my father thought he had lost his ring and I went back in to the hotel to ask them to look for it in his room. I watched as the maid and bellman tore the room apart looking for it- they left no stone unturned. I also saw that the room was also clean under the bed and furniture! Fortunately he found his ring in the car but I appreciate their efforts to locate it.

I'd stay here again if I were visiting. The staff was wonderful and the price reasonable.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We booked a last minute trip here after the travel company booked us into the wrong "hotel du lac".
The service was faultless from making the initial enquiry for a room via their website, to leaving at the end of the week.
The staff were polite and couldn't do enough for you.
The food was wonderful, not one bad meal or breakfast to complain about.
The rooms were clean and tidy, and the view out over the lake from our room was splendid.
The pool and facilities we used were also hard to fault. We were there at the end of the season and staff were cleaning down areas ready for the winter.
Looking forward to going back sometime 2014.

Room Tip: You pay more for a lake view room, but well worth it if you can get one. Book well in advance if tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this wonderful hotel on many occasions over the years and never tire of it. Quite simply it's fantastic. The family running this establishment consistently maintain the highest possible standards in hotel management. The location is perfect, the team are kind and attentive, everything about the place is charming. We'll be staying here again next year.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sunny Perrthshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed for 11 nights in the Du Lac and it was fantastic.The location is perfect with a lovely lake side beach and swimming pool.The food is superb and the staff could not do enough to make our stay perfect.It is a family run hotel and this is obvious in the attention to detail taken in every aspect of the service you recieve

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

What an experience! My wife and I spent 6 magical days in this hotel. It is family run by grandparents, parents and daughters. They and the staff couldn't have been kinder or more attentive. Nothing was too much trouble, from difficult dietary needs which they accommodated brilliantly without any fuss, to organising taxis and sorting out the times of trains. They even organised an appointment with the Police to report a theft that had happened on a day trip to Venice. The hotel is immaculate and its position is idyllic with its own beach and mooring jetty. There were plenty of loungers, easy beach chairs, shaded areas for relaxing and a spotless outdoor pool. We loved the service at breakfasts and evening meals with food and local wine that was a real treat. Can't recommend this place highly enough. We were sad to leave.

Room Tip: The rooms with the highest numbers on each floor are nearer to the lake and have balconies overlooki...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Du Lac as a family. Both rooms were modern, spacious and airy and the hotel is low rise and small - conducive to peace and quiet. Friendly and efficient service from the manager and staff. Service was good and on site parking made it a breeze to check in. After a bit of a road trip we loved the pool and (pebble) beach on the lake with jetty. A short walk to Sirmione old town (around 10 minutes) mean't you could easily leave the car at the hotel to explore on foot. Breaklfast was also very good and in a great setting by the lake. We highly recommend this as a place to stay when visiting Sirmione.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

We and our friends booked this hotel at the last minute, and couldn't have been happier. The location was great - we were able to walk into the village of Sirmione each night without the trouble of looking for a parking space. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Everyone on the staff was cheerful and very helpful. The breakfast that was included with the room was exceptional - they offered everything from cereal, to meat and cheeses, yogurt, eggs any way you wanted, and on and on. I highly recommend this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends