“Good food, service, and lovely views. Not cheap but worth it.”
Review of Ristorante La Ripa

Ristorante La Ripa
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Baveno
Price range: US$36 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: the restaurant "la ripa" have a beautiful view on the borromeo Islands.
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I ate here twice during our stay in Baveno. On neither occasion was it quite warm enough to sit fully outside in the lovely garden, but the semi covered area was nice, and the view over the lake excellent. Ideal for a nice romantic evening.
The food was excellent. While the service could be described as slow, I would prefer the description 'unhurried' allowing you time to enjoy the ambiance.
Not cheap, but this is a fairly expensive area anyway, and you get what you pay for. I think the fact that we returned for a second time is proof enough of the quality. Very enjoyable!

There are newer reviews for Ristorante La Ripa

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Discreet service, quiet (almost too quiet), good local fish. Fairly expensive but probably worth it.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

went there yesterday.sat and enjoyed the view at a lakeside table for 15 minutes. No waiter to be seen for the whole period.enjoyed the view and left.....

2  Thank MattheusAlto
Paolacardini, Proprietario at Ristorante La Ripa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Sorry? I hope that this review is a joke!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Since today we have passed Ripa because it seems difficult to get into via a car because it is situated in a corner of the road and there is no parking in front of the restaurant. One has to park opposite and it is difficult to pass the road as the cars come around the corner from Baveno center sometimes far too fast.

We were delighted. The view is one of the most beautiful of the restaurants in the area as there are only a very few providing seats just at the lake. The other one in Baveno is Lido and it is also nice, younger atmosphere and you can also swim there. Ripa is a hotel as well so I am not sure if the visitors to the restaurant could enjoy the beach in front.

We had light lunch as we are supposed to eat a proper dinner in the evening at Il Clandestino, another great restaurant of the area. So at Ripa we had pasta, we both chose orrechi-pasta the small round coin shape pasta - or possibly it is the ear of a small mouse - with mussels cooked in tomato souce with courgettes and canneloni peas. It was one of the best pasta's I have had.

The service started with a small glass of rosé wine on the house that I thought was very welcoming. As we had just had a long walk we did not choose more wine, just water and my husband got a beer.

We will surely visit this restaurant another time!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

La Ripa is located in a beautiful location with outdoor seating in good weather. We tried this restaurant for the first time after many years of visiting Baveno. The service is impeccable and the views are spectacular. They also start you off with a little appetitivo of a sparkling rose' wine which is always a nice touch. My husband and I ordered a first course of pasta piemontese (little ravioli with tomato sauce and mushroom) which were okay, yet something easily made from shopping at a local grocery store. I ordered the mixed grilled fish and my husband had the perch (persico). My dish consisted of three fish - swordfish, a huge portion of squid, and another unidentifiable fish that was over cooked and not very flavorful (plus one small shrimp that was also over done and too salty). The perch was battered, but not crisp and lacked any flavor. The wine list was modest; however, over priced for what they offered. The meal was disappointing and very average to not very good for what it could be with a better chef. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant mostly for the views and service.

2  Thank CarolB353