We stayed at this hotel and were put in a suite overlooking a building site. Workmen started at 7.30 and made as much noise as possible. The rooms were dirty and the wooden floors were lethal and very slippery. The place was not fit for purpose and should have been closed until work had been completed. I could write a huge amount here, but I can be bothered to give them the time. However, a good example of them being out of touch with current service in the hotel industry is that when we called down for some ice in our room we were charged 6 euros!!! For ice? Pathetic. Their arrogance and uncaring attitude to customers was astonishing in this day and age. The woman in charge was quite aggressive when I pointed out their faults. For over 400 Euros per night I was not prepared to back down. Outrageous . Stresa is a fantastic place and we moved to La Palma Hotel which was absolutely fantastic. Don't waste your money - go somewhere else; anywhere would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Turn-of-Century 6-story Hotel in garden setting on shores of Lake Maggiore, facing Borromean Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Regina Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regina Palace Hotel Stresa
- Regina Palace Stresa, Lake Maggiore, Italy