1. Most of the hotel floors are not served by a lift, so you'll be lugging your bags up and down each day.
2. My room didn't have any electric sockets save for an unusable one tucked away behind the TV. How do you charge your iPhone, camera?
3. The shower water temperature undulates from warm to cold in an unexpected and unsolicited fashion. Oh and if your AC is on, the water outlet will drain into the shower tray too.
4. Unless you book directly with the Hotel, Wifi is sold at an extortionate price (circa EUR9 for 2 hours).
5. The decor is a tired 1970s arrangement of yellow and green with a plastic-gold trim. It's a depressing antidote to the otherwise colourful Stresa.
6. If you're in after 1AM: tough luck. The hotel is locked down so better keep your nights short.
7. Other than the younger generation (a male son in his 30s and a curly-haired female assistant), the owner/receptionists are unfriendly and generally bored. Incidentally they wear the same garb each day which matches the hotel's decor - dull textiles.
8. Though the area is known for its chocolates and nuts, you won't get the real-thing for breakfast (Nutella) but a cheap equivalent which is appalling.
The only reason you should stay here is if you're a young backpacker and want a central location which is close to the city-centre, seafront and boat-landing. Otherwise skip it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL ITALIE ET SUISSE has an enviable position. It is located in the town centre of Stresa, directly on the lakeside, just a few steps from the embarkation to the Borromee Islands and to the other resorts overlooking Lake Maggiore. Stresa is 35 km from the international airport of Milan-Malpensa and is easily accessible through the Sempione national road (s.S.33), The A26 motorway or the shuttle service (Alibus with reservation) The hotel is well-furnished. Our clients have at their disposal a bar-room with Sat-TV and reading room with Internet Point. Breakfast buffet. All the rooms are with private bathrooms, bathtub or shower, direct telephone line, Sat-TV, safe, air-conditioning and wi-fi Internet access. Nearly all the rooms are with balconies from where you can admire the Borromeo gulf with its islands, Pallanza, Santa Caterina del Sasso and all the peaks of the mountains surrounding Lake Maggiore. The Hotel Italie et Suisse is the ideal starting point for excursions on Lake Maggiore and surroundings. From Stresa you can visit the Borromee islands - Isola Bella, Isola Pescatori and Isola Madre -, the Zoological and Botanic Garden of Villa Pallavicino, Mottarone with the Botanic Garden of Alpinia, the latter can be reached by car or cableway (The cableway is distant 1 km from the Hotel) and the Umbrella Musuem at Gignese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Italie et Suisse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Italie And Suisse Stresa
- Italie And Suisse Hotel
- Hotel Italie Et Suisse Stresa, Lake Maggiore, Italy