“Aperitivo!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have only been to the bar area of Lacerba and it's always been wonderful.
The cocktail list is long with seasonal, creative additions. The food you get is carb-based like most places however. My 2 favourite cocktails here are the Maria Lacerba (bloody Mary) and the Hot Charlotte which I'd never heard of until Lacerba. It's Hendrix Gin, St. Germain, cucumber, lemon, and Tabasco. They also have about 5 types of negroni, one is whiskey based.
The scene is cool, kind of like a basement - lots of mix-matched chairs, couches, etc. which allows them to accommodate large parties and move the furniture around. Getting a seat at the bar is also recommended because you get to watch the work that goes into some of these drinks as well as there's the odd tasting. I saw one bartender making what I now know as the Hot Charlotte. I love all the ingdients and asked him for the name. Not only did he tell me what he was making, but he gave me a little shot of it too.
Excellent English at this bar too :).
My husband and I have been back several times since we moved here.

1  Thank CocktailParty66

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Arrived without a reservation and they had a table for me: I was alone again...
The place is actually divided into 2 areas: a bar popular apparently with students and young professionals and a restaurant. You enter the restaurant through the bar.
It is a densely populated area: it was a nightmare to find a spot to park. It might be preferable to arrive by public transportation.
I wanted a good fish restaurant and I did find good reviews online for that one. It was good but I expected a bigger emphasis on sea food: it's true the fish is good but they have also a lot of usual Italian foods to offer.
I had Trofie Pesto Calamari which was just delicious: right quantity, well-cooked pasta and enough fresh calamari to really enjoy it.
I then had the great joy to have the Grigliata Mista: a great plate of grilled mixed fish. It was really large with 5 different kinds of fish and the portion of each was very decent. It was accompanied by grilled egg-plant and zucchini.
I had Crema Catalana for dessert: very usual, nothing really to write home about. I found it too sweet to my taste.
People on the table next to me ordered flambeed berries and the waiter turned that into a real entertaining show (see picture). I am not sure how god it was as it seemed to me that what he was preparing was too burned to be good. But it was for sure entertaining!
Negatiev points:
- the toilets do not descriminate for ladies and gentlemen. Is that perhaps an Italian thing?
- The restaurant is in a vaulted room with low ceiling: it was VERY loud. I didn't have any company to talk to but the volume of the conversations all over was too high to my taste.
- because it is popular, management take advantage of that and I think it is a little overpriced
- Kind staff but in a generical way.
All in all good place but I am not sure I would take my wife there really. It would be good for group of work colleagues perhaps.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

My husband and I came here for dinner last week-end and really enjoyed it! The food was amazing, the service was spot-on. We shared the dishes together and they served them in separate plates before it got to us. It was such a romantic evening! Really enjoyed the vibe in this place.

1  Thank bcw789
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had 19 friends having a dinner together. We were served only by one waiter so it took pretty much time to do our order. That is understandable, because the place was quite small. But they also had only 3 English menu! Another disappointted was that the waiter did not even bother to tell us about side dishes. They don't included automatically. So part of the our group got just a simple fish or steak on a plate.
Before ordering we asked if it possible to get separate bills, it wasn't... As Scandinaivians we always wonder, how can it be so amazing difficult.
Anyhow fishes and steaks tasted great, so we don't have anything to complain about food itself. They have also a great wine menu.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I had an excellent high quality interesting Italian meal here: broad bean and prawn soup followed by steak with raw fennel salad as a side order. There was also fresh fish and fresh pasta. The service was attentive and pleasant. The decor is very interesting - Italian futurism. The atmosphere is well to do but not too formal. It is not cheap but I found it good value. About 40 euros per head including water and a glass of house wine.

1  Thank London_Travellers_09