“Don't waste your money”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Very cheap cousine but at a high price. The appetizer was just a lot of fried/normal onions (not very precious food) with a ridiculous amount of tuna fish. The 3 sort of fish tartar (raw tuna, salmon and swordfish) was looking as if was just been defrosted. And the taste was...well...tasteless. At the end, the bill was high, the satisfaction very low.

Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
Springwood, Australia
“One of the best”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Our visit to Lacerba gave us one of the best dining experiences we have had anywhere and certainly the best we have had to date in numerous visits to Italy. Our hotel reception had booked a table for us and while in via Orti, still a distance from the restaurant, we were greeted by name by our waiter, Snr Nico. The welcome was warm and the beginning of a wonderful evening. We were shown into a small, intimate area away from the bar, very pleasant and well decorated. The service was nothing less than outstanding. The meal was equal to the service, the seafood was beautifully displayed and perfectly prepared, tastes and aromas wonderful. We thought the wine list large enough to accommodate all tastes. The small room was quickly filled with locals who were obviously regulars. The relationship between staff and guests was warm, appreciative and professional. Snr Nico guided us through an outstanding meal with suggestions that refined our appetite. By the end of the evening we had had a meal to remember. Lacerba is very highly recommended as being outstanding value for money.

• Visited July 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Lacerba's cocktail area”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Im here to talk about the bar of Lacerba,haven't had the pleasure of trying the restaurant. But I can say that the bar area is one of my favorite places in Milano. Ill describe it easily,retro decoration,chic without being snobby,local and cool young people,good music,and kind of private.(Because of the small place) And of course the fact that they actually make enjoyable cocktails.If you are into girly-chocolate kind martinis "Love connection" is great. It will be crowded,but still fun. If you want to make sure you'll be seated you better make a reservation. They have aperitivo until 9.30.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank María Alejandra H
Vancouver, Canada
“Aperitivo!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have only been to the bar area of Lacerba and it's always been wonderful.
The cocktail list is long with seasonal, creative additions. The food you get is carb-based like most places however. My 2 favourite cocktails here are the Maria Lacerba (bloody Mary) and the Hot Charlotte which I'd never heard of until Lacerba. It's Hendrix Gin, St. Germain, cucumber, lemon, and Tabasco. They also have about 5 types of negroni, one is whiskey based.
The scene is cool, kind of like a basement - lots of mix-matched chairs, couches, etc. which allows them to accommodate large parties and move the furniture around. Getting a seat at the bar is also recommended because you get to watch the work that goes into some of these drinks as well as there's the odd tasting. I saw one bartender making what I now know as the Hot Charlotte. I love all the ingdients and asked him for the name. Not only did he tell me what he was making, but he gave me a little shot of it too.
Excellent English at this bar too :).
My husband and I have been back several times since we moved here.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CocktailParty66
Frankfurt /Main
“Popular restaurant: consequently good but crowded and loud”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Arrived without a reservation and they had a table for me: I was alone again...
The place is actually divided into 2 areas: a bar popular apparently with students and young professionals and a restaurant. You enter the restaurant through the bar.
It is a densely populated area: it was a nightmare to find a spot to park. It might be preferable to arrive by public transportation.
I wanted a good fish restaurant and I did find good reviews online for that one. It was good but I expected a bigger emphasis on sea food: it's true the fish is good but they have also a lot of usual Italian foods to offer.
I had Trofie Pesto Calamari which was just delicious: right quantity, well-cooked pasta and enough fresh calamari to really enjoy it.
I then had the great joy to have the Grigliata Mista: a great plate of grilled mixed fish. It was really large with 5 different kinds of fish and the portion of each was very decent. It was accompanied by grilled egg-plant and zucchini.
I had Crema Catalana for dessert: very usual, nothing really to write home about. I found it too sweet to my taste.
People on the table next to me ordered flambeed berries and the waiter turned that into a real entertaining show (see picture). I am not sure how god it was as it seemed to me that what he was preparing was too burned to be good. But it was for sure entertaining!
Negatiev points:
- the toilets do not descriminate for ladies and gentlemen. Is that perhaps an Italian thing?
- The restaurant is in a vaulted room with low ceiling: it was VERY loud. I didn't have any company to talk to but the volume of the conversations all over was too high to my taste.
- because it is popular, management take advantage of that and I think it is a little overpriced
- Kind staff but in a generical way.
All in all good place but I am not sure I would take my wife there really. It would be good for group of work colleagues perhaps.

• Visited September 2012