We stayed at this hotel for a week (end of Dec to beginning of January) and only can highly recommend this hotel!
The service (reception, house keeping, restaurant) was very friendly, helpful and quick to fulfill all our needs - it was even possible to check into the room at 10am even though normally the check in time is 3pm. I sent an email in advance to let them know that our flights are so early and if it would be possible to get the room that early, and it was no problem at all!
When the safety deposit was not working, we were immediately offered a new room.
There aren't many shops or restaurant next to the hotel but if you walk for a few minutes (or take the metro which is located directly in front of the hotel) you find plenty of cafés, shops etc. The Metro to the Duomo takes only 10 minutes (5 stops), you could walk to the Central Station (or drive 1 stop with the Metro).
Here are the Pro's (and just a few Con's) of this hotel (we had a standart room):
- extremely friendly staff, we felt very appreciated all the time during our stay.
- rooms are very quiet due to special windows - even though the hotel is located at an intersection, you can hardly hear the traffic when the window is closed.You could open the windows though which I really liked (sometimes in hotels with AC it is not possible to open the window at all)
- you can control the airconditioning in the room yourself, even can switch it off completely.
- the bathroom is big and very nicely built, it has a big tub.
- the breakfast was really good - especially compared to the poor continental breakfast selections which are normally offered in Italy. This breakfast had several options of bread, cold cuts, cake and in addition to that scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, sausages and bacon. It was included in our room rate but would cost EUR 12 if you paid it extra. The cappuccino was included in our deal as well.
- We only had one bathrobe and one pair of slippers in the room (but I am sure we would have been delivered a second pair if we asked for it).
- the only German TV station was the very boring ZDF (the TV programmes include approx 2 programmes of each language but the German selection was very poor).
- WI Fi had to be paid for in the Standart Rooms (but I think is included in the Superior Rooms) - however, there is free internet access in the lobby.
Conclusion: No real CON's but lots of PRO's.
Since I suppose this is normally a "business hotel" and we stayed there during the holiday season, I can not write anything about the regular business - our stay was very comfortable and we would definitely return here at our next trip to Milan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Milan City is a newly built superior 4 star hotel located in the City business district of Milan and close to the Central Railway Station.Sondrio subway station (yellow line) is aside the hotel to reach the main city attractions like the Cathedral, La Scala Opera House, Sforza Castle.Easy access to the shopping areas of both the 'Fashion District' and Corso Buenos Aires and to the nightlife of Corso Como, full of fashion lounge bars and restaurants. The new Exhibition Centre in Rho/Pero, so as Fieramilano Convention Center are easily reachable by public transportation (red line subway).The Crowne Plaza Milan City boasts totally soundproofed rooms with a stylish design(81 standard rooms, 18 superior rooms, 7 junior suites and 3 family rooms) equipped with WI-FI internet connection, LCD flat screens with DTT Network and Pay-per-View movies system. The hotel also features a fitness center on the roof with view on Milan's skyline with wellness area and saunaCongress facilities up to 120 delegates (including an Executive Boardroom for up to 10 people) equipped with WI-FI and latest technological equipment.Restaurant with international and typical cuisine, and a cosy bar overlooking Hotel s Winter Garden . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Milan