“A very nice experience”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City
Ranked #53 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A well cared for, clean hotel, with a very good and abundant breakfast buffet! Stylish lounge bar. Friendy and immaculate service everywhere. We even had the pleasure of enjoying complementary negronis! Thank you all!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aki K
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My friend and I stayed for three nights in this hotel. My friend made the reservation with her credit card, but they let me checked-in earlier than I was supposed to without her credit card as we arrived separately. The service was excellent -- staff were really nice, helpful and prompt in responding to your need. Room was nice and looked like the photos they use on their website. Bathroom was better than expected. I usually choose design hotels, but I often feel disappointed with the hotel/room. This one is not a design hotel, yet I was really satisfied with it. I can't comment on breakfast, though. I'm a traveller who doesn't bother having breakfast in hotels -- I prefer sleeping in and having breakfast where locals would have it. Location is good and convenient. Normally I avoid hotels close to a railway station, but my friend needed to get to the station really early on the day we checked-out. Anyway, this one is alright as it's not really next to it -- about 10 minutes on foot -- and there is a metro station right at its front door. Room rate was decent for a four-star hotel. So, that's it. I don't think I'll look further for hotels in Milan. I'll definitely go back to Crowne Plaza Milan City.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nsyam
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a 3 night stay the Crowne Plaza Milan. It was conveniently located next to the metro which made travelling a breeze. The hotel however was average nothing spectacular. It was clean, staff service/friendliness is good, rooms were nice. The breakfast is poor. Gym facilities are very limited and the sauna/massage area is always unattended.

Needs more dining options and the area that the hotel is located is not the best area either.

One of those OK stays with nothing really standing out. Would not stay here again as it wasn't one of those places that makes you want to come back and stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room upgrade.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trip_Specialist_001
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Trip_Specialist_001,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are truly sorry for falling short of your expectations with regards to the breakfast and gym facilities. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I was in Milan for Business purposes and stayed 2 nights in this hotel.
It's very well located, in front of a subway station, and only one stop away from Grand Centralle.
The service was excellent, the staff was nice and polite.
My bedroom was good, a decent spacious area for a standard room. I really like that they have wooden floor instead of carpet, it is more hygienic and healthy. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was also ok.
The buffet breakfast was nice, with several different options. I had dinner in the restaurant once and the food was ok.
When I come back to Milan I'll definitely return to Crown Plaza!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Pat_pvps
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from Oct 19-21. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful with all of our questions. I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was especially traveling with a 2 year old. He had plenty of room to run around and play. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very large with double sinks and a big tub. And I loved that they provided slippers and bath robes. The location was great! It was extremely close the the train station (1 stop on the metro) and was right by a metro stop so it was easy to get around. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great value and great location!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sel1222
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After quite a long journey from the airport and going through literally hundreds of traffic lights, we finally arrived at the Crowne Plaza Milan City. A most welcome relief! The checking was as smooth as ever and very quick. The suite that I was given was very comfortable and very well appointed. A little more attention needs to be paid to the cleanliness of the bathtub. The silicone sealing of the tub to the marble was black with mould. Apart from that, the room was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom amenities more than sufficient none of those little bottles of shampoo and body wash. Breakfast is sumptuous and with a choice to suite everyone. The Bar got quite bust early evening and the prices were very reasonable considering it is a Hotel Bar! Well done guys, keep it up.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We only stayed in this hotel for 2 nights but here is take on the hotel -
* Good value for money
* helpful staff at the front desk
* clean rooms with tea, coffee and the amenities you would expect
* the metro train station is just down stairs or 200m walk to the main station
* well priced meals for Europe
* we travelled with three kids ages 4, 7 & 9. The room they set up for the kids was great and they were extremely comfortable
* great breakfast and fantastic coffee.
* we had free wifi during our stay and it worked very well! This was a huge plus!

The only issues we had were as follows-
* the smoke alarm went off at 2am. It ruined the next day for us as I didn't sleep after that. If I had of met the person who decided to start smoking on a non smoking floor after midnight I would have thrown my coffee in his/her face, showed his/her cigarettes down his/her throat and punched him. How dare someone wake up a young family with a potentially life threatening situation because of such selfishness. The staff didn't weren't overly apologetic either. In addition our floor stank of cigarettes.
* there is no official room service menu which is odd for a Crowne. After a little confusion our meals were delivered and were yummy!

Overall the hotel is really good. If we hadn't been woken by the a-hole smoking on a non-smoking hotel our stay would have been better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Pellegrini_Luciano, Direttore at Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear guest

Dear guest

Thanks for your comments , we are sorry that he had a problem with the smoke alarm . our hotel is very sensitive to the safety of the guests , in this case the sensitivity technology was too early . The hotel has two emergency exits on each floor with a staircase for every eventuality. each room is equipped with a smoke detector in the bathroom and also have a sensor in case of flooding . We are very sensitive even for people with disabilities and on each floor we have a quiet space in case of fire is safe for people with wheelchairs. The accommodations for the disabled are fitted with a double horn in the event of an emergency and alarm button next to the bed .
As for the menu, the restaurant our hotel offers a choice of selected dishes that can be served in 24-hour room 24 . We also offer free throughout your stay tea, coffee or herbal tea for relaxing .

Until I could still have among our guests .. thanks again

L.Pellegrini