I have stayed here before and have found it to be clean, modern, very convenient with the metro at its doorstep and generally efficient (but not effusive) service. However this time I was disappointed during my recent stay of 11 nights on 2 occasions :
1. I rang front desk to inquire on the telephone operator's number so that I could make an international collect call to American Express. I was dumbfounded when the gentleman simply replied "I have no idea" three times. No effort to check and call me back. Finally I found it on the internet. FYI, it is 170.
2. On my last night I requested for a wake up call the next morning (630am) so that I could catch my flight at Malpensa in good time. There was also a card in the room which claimed guaranteed wake up calls or your affected night's stay would be free. Unfortunately, 630am came and went and there was no call. I overslept. At check out I was told that no one had made a record of the request (?). The free night stay that the hotel claimed to offer was not honoured; instead they waived 10Euro for 2 drinks consumed at the minibar. I was rather annoyed by the non-apologetic demeanour by the reception desk as well - I could have missed my flight if I had not hotfooted it out of the hotel to Malpensa immediately.
In sum, this hotel is fine if you are self-sufficient, but doesn't do well in the finessing of its services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Milan City is a newly built superior 4 star hotel located in the City business district of Milan and close to the Central Railway Station.Sondrio subway station (yellow line) is aside the hotel to reach the main city attractions like the Cathedral, La Scala Opera House, Sforza Castle.Easy access to the shopping areas of both the 'Fashion District' and Corso Buenos Aires and to the nightlife of Corso Como, full of fashion lounge bars and restaurants. The new Exhibition Centre in Rho/Pero, so as Fieramilano Convention Center are easily reachable by public transportation (red line subway).The Crowne Plaza Milan City boasts totally soundproofed rooms with a stylish design(81 standard rooms, 18 superior rooms, 7 junior suites and 3 family rooms) equipped with WI-FI internet connection, LCD flat screens with DTT Network and Pay-per-View movies system. The hotel also features a fitness center on the roof with view on Milan's skyline with wellness area and saunaCongress facilities up to 120 delegates (including an Executive Boardroom for up to 10 people) equipped with WI-FI and latest technological equipment.Restaurant with international and typical cuisine, and a cosy bar overlooking Hotel s Winter Garden . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Milan