“Cool design, perfect location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City
Ranked #52 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Vienna, Austria
“Cool design, perfect location”
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My third stay in this hotel. Perfect location with a metro stop directly accessible from hotel front door via lift, one stop to Milano Centrale F.S. (central station), 10 mins to Doumo. Pretty new hotel in a perfect condition, spacious rooms (stayed in a superior room), huge bathroom, comfy bed, all nicely decorated. No complaints at all, internet terminal available free of charge downstairs (didnt ask for whi-fi, so cannot tell). On the the top flor (9th floor) there is a mid-sized fitness room with a steam and dry sauna, and a panoramic view towards north part of the town, on a clear day you can see the Dolomites. Decent breakfast was included in the rate, recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank milesandme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 November 2010

It was raining on both days we stayed in Milan. After our shoes and socks became soaking wet, we lost interest in sightseeing and came back to hotel to enjoy our comfortable room. The hotel is just at the subway exit, so we did not need to get wet again. Because of the rain we went down to the hotel restaurant for dinner. The food had some unique flavor that is very delicious Even the bread was warm and tasteful. There was only one waiter who covered everything, but our needs were still attended to very well. If it was not for the rain, we would have missed this enjoyable dinner.

The hotel staff were really wonderful and accommodating. The location was very convenient. I thought I read somewhere that the neighborhood might not be good, but we found it very safe and we walked to the train station at night several times.

When we made reservation, the 800 line provided incorrect information, but the hotel reservation manager Stephania honored the offer and we was grateful for that. Overall this is a great hotel, a super deal for such a beautiful amenities and great service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Our stay was for 2 nights however the cost would have been prohibitive if we weren't using points. Our stay was for leisure however this is probably more of a business hotel. Whilst not located in the middle of Milan, with a Metro stop right outside the front door access to the rest of the city was easy. We arrived via train at central which is just one metro stop from the hotel. Hotel was modern and comfortable, our only issue was the stop/start nature of the aircon, which interuppted our sleep to a minor degree. Otherwise no complaints. Free internet access was also provided. Staff at reception were very helpful and recommended a decent Thai restaurant.

Not sure if I would pay the usual room rate but would recommend otherwise.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Belgium
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Within walking distance of the central station or one stop via metro (station Sondrio on the yellow line is just in front of the hotel), you can reach in 15 minutes the famous Duomo Place (5 stations of metro)
The 3 lines of metro are very easy to use (red, yellow and green line) and you can go everywhere for 5eur during 48 hours.
The hotel offers everything you need for your citytrip included sauna and hammam.
The persons at the reception are very helpful and try to make the best for your stay.
Umbrellas were also at our disposal (weather was very bad during 3 days)
Some ideas to eat : Obika La Rinascente, a mozzarella bar on the roof of the gallery with view on the cathedral (www.obika.it) or the Armani caffé (Montenapoleone metro station)
Just for information, dining in Milano is very expensive!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I have stayed here before and have found it to be clean, modern, very convenient with the metro at its doorstep and generally efficient (but not effusive) service. However this time I was disappointed during my recent stay of 11 nights on 2 occasions :
1. I rang front desk to inquire on the telephone operator's number so that I could make an international collect call to American Express. I was dumbfounded when the gentleman simply replied "I have no idea" three times. No effort to check and call me back. Finally I found it on the internet. FYI, it is 170.
2. On my last night I requested for a wake up call the next morning (630am) so that I could catch my flight at Malpensa in good time. There was also a card in the room which claimed guaranteed wake up calls or your affected night's stay would be free. Unfortunately, 630am came and went and there was no call. I overslept. At check out I was told that no one had made a record of the request (?). The free night stay that the hotel claimed to offer was not honoured; instead they waived 10Euro for 2 drinks consumed at the minibar. I was rather annoyed by the non-apologetic demeanour by the reception desk as well - I could have missed my flight if I had not hotfooted it out of the hotel to Malpensa immediately.
In sum, this hotel is fine if you are self-sufficient, but doesn't do well in the finessing of its services.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed in This Crowne Plaza for three nights and found it very good. We had an upgrade to the top floor with a terrace and a view of the city. The Subway as mention is just out side and the 24 hour tickets for 3 Euros are great value. One of the Main rail stations is about 50metres away and this has a reasonable mini market hidden in the lower levels along with a shopping mall.
The Restaurant is clean and efficient but lacks ambience, the dinners menu is not extensive but well cooked. Breakfast is adequate.
It seems that there is a charge for the extra person not usual in Crowne plazas for priority club members which was our only niggle.
If the intercontinental Milan had not been opening soon we would stay hear again for a similar leisure break.
The Barman was great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I stayed in superior room and it was very clean and modern. There is very nice bath room as well. It was very pitty that I found the cigarette in the terrace even non-smoking room. I was little bit disappointed of that. The subway station is just in front of the hotel and it is very convenient! I could not find a restaurant near hotel......I ate in the hotel, but there is just few dishes on the menue......

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business