“Traditional & cosy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Trattoria dei Magnani Al Cantinone
Ranked #271 of 8,033 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$27 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Barcelona
“Traditional & cosy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Close to Duomo but not full of tourists, we were lucky to stumble across this lovely, traditional trattoria at lunchtime. Service was professional and unobtrusive if quite quick. We were told that our next course was ready before we had finished our Bruschetta - but I am a slow eater! All the food was fresh and tasty and the expresso excellent.
Would recommend to others.

• Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Pevensey, England, United Kingdom
“Great Trattoria right in the heart of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had a really nice lunch here.
So good in fact that after snapping photos of the starter, we completely forgot to photograph the mains!
Great location, right in the heart of town and an easy walk from Duomo etc.
We walked right in for a late lunch, without a reservation.
There was another tourist couple eating and a couple of tables of locals that clearly knew the owners. (always a good sign).
We had Carpaccio and Bruschetta to start, good size portions so you won't get hungry!
Followed by a really tasty risotto. Good priced prosecco too.
Plenty of room inside, no doubt busy in the evening though!
Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great restaurant, typical trattoria with amazing food. The restaurant provides 2 options self service or reataurant. Went at 12pm the self service area was already busy but the restaurant was emply, by 1pm people were waiting. Restaurant part is kids frindly. Sercive was great. Highly recommend, will go back every time I go to Milan.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nic0017
Gentofte, Denmark
“Very busy and very nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

I choose this place, as it looked like a lot of locals were dining here, it was busy and looked like it’s been there for a long time.
I liked my choice very much. Al Cantinone was packed, but we only had to wait around 10 minutes for the table. Food was well prepared, and very tasty. Waiter hardly understood English, but this was not a problem, as menu was also in English

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Not bad but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I suppose I should know better, but I am still trying to find a good restaurant reasonably priced in the Duomo area of Milan. One of these days I will have to give up.
The restaurant is actually quite nice and traditional with wooden panels and old fashioned waiters. Generally pleasant ambience
I had a first course of tagliatelle with clams and prawns which was pretty tasteless. Correct, no more. The tagliatta I had for second was pretty good but nothing special. What I find difficult to accept is that this, plus a small bottle of venetian wine, coffe and grappa should come to €59. It is really excessive.
Pitty, really. A nice place with reasonable food but grossly overpriced. I suppose all the Duomo area is like that

• Visited December 2012