“Historic restaurant”

Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Greenwich, ct
“Historic restaurant”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Strategically located between La Galleria and the La Scala, it appears to me that it has lost some of it's atmosphere. The service: good with the young waiters, sufficient at the best with the senior waiters. The combination dishes (such as Brasato & Polenta or Cotoletta & Risotto) are good, yet it feels something is missing.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sint-Truiden, Belgium
“dinner”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had dinner in that restaurant on 6th march 2014, and I would recommend it for its position and the quality of the food. We were three people and had the Milanese specialities one of us ate the veal chop with risotto and two veal chops with roasted potatoes and mixed salad. Two bottles of mineral water and 2 coffees. We bill was 94 euros. I will certainly return in my next trip to Milan.

• Visited March 2014
Bangkok
“Homely and tasty”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Al Cantinone is ideally located in one of the back streets a short distance from the Duomo. I had passed it a few times during the week and was intrigued by the full house it always seems to get. I was looking for a traditional northern Italian restaurant to end my Milan trip and this place did not disappoint.
The restaurant was quite big for its size in the older part of Milan. Deceptively boring out front, everything changes once you step inside. A host with a ready smile promptly directs you to your table. A waitress came by quickly to take your order. I opted for the house specialty Spaghetti Alla Cantinone, basically spaghetti with its homemade tomato-based sauce. It was perfectly al dente and the sauce was smooth and not lumpy. I was tempted to go for dessert but decided against it.
The restaurant had really charming service. Though busy as it was, I did not feel rushed and the staff seemed very professional with its quickness and pleasant demeanor. It felt like a family restaurant that has gone big and successful, but a place you can certainly while away the hours with friends and some nice wine.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chattan_k
England
“Try the Octopus!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wow! The food here was great. In fact we returned 2 nights in a row. It's reasonably priced with generous portions. I've never eaten Octopus (Polpo) before so thought I'd try. It came with a lovely warm salad. The second night I opted for Spaghetti Bolognese. Well, I had to didn't I! I highly recommend this restaurant, and would definitely go back if I get the opportunity!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank xxTinker
“Great food ”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Prices are fair enough and good quality of food. Wasnt that busy just before lunch time but quite bust during and after lunch time. Operate on Sunday so after its good to have lunch after duomo.