“Do not book this hotel”

Ranked #374 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Do not book this hotel”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Days and days searching for a hotel in Milan, not being able to find a place for a overnight stop on our way to a cruise, this location was pretty much the only one with available rooms. We drove from Germany, and our plan was to stop in Milan, recharge in the hotel, and drive to our cruise the next morning full of energy.
We arrived to Idea Hotel....it's super creepy. Located in the middle of what looks like an abandoned industrial complex, there is nothing close to it. It's one of those places that make you feel like you are never coming out of there alive. The place was so depresing that as soon as we checked in and dropped off our bags, we drove as far as we could from there, which was not our plan after all. We had 3 kids traveling with us, and when I checked the restaurant dinner hours, it just wasn't feasable. It opened too late for the kiddos to have to wait for food.
Very bad experience and do not recommend it for any reason. Maybe good for funerals.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is the worst hotel I have stayed so far since I travel. The reception crew is disrespectful. They have no idea what customer care is. On my arrival with my family late in the evening, the lady did not even bother to welcome us and apologize for letting us stand over 5 minutes as she was on the phone. I wonder how a hotel of this kind can be given the license to operate in Europe. I did not get a receipt on my check out as I was told I booked the hotel with cheaptickets although I booked it at the hotels website. The rooms looked uncompleted at the water at bathroom did not run down well. The breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about. I ask myself who gets the money at the end of the day? That was my first and last time at such a hotel although it is just a stone throw from the airport if only they will be nice to explain how and where to get the shuttle bus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Lagos, Portugal
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I found this hotel online; it was really the only alternative, as I was meeting family in Milan and did not have a lot of knowledge or alternatives for this trip. The hotel is not near transport facilities; taxi rides to where I wanted to go were an automatic €20 euro - expensive over a five-day stay. But the biggest complaint I had was with arranging for shuttle service to the airport. When I arranged for my exit from Milan, I was told at the front desk that the taxi charged €50, to be paid to the driver. The clerk made the reservation - all good service. However, on the morning of my departure, I met three Canadians who were also taking my taxi to the airport. I learned from them that the hotel clerk had charged them €60, paid to the clerk, not to the taxi driver. When I heard this, I took one of the Canadians to the front desk (the taxi was waiting) and asked why I was charged €50, to be paid to the driver, and the Canadian was charged €60, to be paid to the clerk. Without a word, the clerk pulled out his cash drawer, withdrew €10 and handed it to the Canadian. There is no question about what happened here - my clerk was honest, the Canadian's clerk was not. His clerk pocketed €10. This is NOT a reputable hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan M
Budapest
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The Hotel is approx 15 minutes walk from the train station. The city centre is like 20 minutes away 10 minutes walking to metro startion, and 10 minutes with the underground.
The hotel is nice, not too romantic, but it is more than fine if you want to stay for a couple of days. The staff is kind and speaks english very good, which is rare in Italy. The room was not so big, but comfortable and clean. Breakfast is also good, you can choose from a lot of stuff: cokkoies, cornflakes, eggs, etc.
There is no lunch, or dinner in the hotel, but there is a restaurant just a 1 street away, where the food is really delicious, and also cheaper, than in the city centre.
The only thing: the wifi is really expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katalin H
Reviewed 15 May 2013

out of milan , near by the autostrada ,comfortable and big room .
parking - you'll have 2 pay 8 euro per night (i dont understand why to charge money if you have a big parking place and its not at the center of towen ???) .
breakfast was very poor so the next day we give it up

Room Tip: ask for room at the back
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Brezice, Slovenia
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The experience as a whole was a little above average, but when you put a few things together it all comes right back to average. The positives were the nice and frendly receptionist who speaks good english (even though they say it is hard to find an Italian who does), the organised transport (with a van) to the subway station or to the game and back, and the supermarket that was very close to the hotel (around 500m). The negatives that puts this hotel to an average is that even though the complex inside looks ok, the enviroment around the hotel is terrible and also very close to an industry zone. Another thing was the wi-fi that wasnt for free, i dont remember exactly but it wasnt cheap also, and to end with the food that was not that bad (i do not expect it to be) but it was nothing special at all so as i said it all comes to an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at the Idea Hotel San Siro for a business trip.
Similar to the other travelers wrote in their review, the hotel was quite hard to locate.
The check in was smooth and quick.
If you are looking for a romantic 4 stars hotel, then I would not recommend this hotel unless you know that you will only spend the night in and that's it.
The room is very basic with no decoration. I would definitely change the curtains.
In the bathroom, the garbage bin was broken as well as the toilet paper stand. Some lights were not functioning. There is no AC or at least mine was not working at all.

Wi-Fi is only in the lobby and that's a big minus.

The "highlight" is the breakfast. There's nothing to eat. Some scrambled eggs, coffee and juice (not fresh juice).

I will not come back to that hotel. Best Western, here I come.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business