“Average and out of the way”

Idea Hotel Milano San Siro
Ranked #372 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last night of an eight day vacation. It was my wife and I as part of a school trip of about 30 people, more adults than kids. Before arriving we were told by our tour guide that when she stayed here a couple years ago it was very nice. I am hoping a lot has changed since then as it was the most beat up room of all we stayed in. The room was average size but looked like it had seen better days. The rug was stained, the walls were dented and there were holes in the wall in the bathroom. In America this would be comparable to a $50 a night room easy, maybe lower. It's completely different than the idea you get from walking into the lobby. The bed was hard as a rock and I like hard beds but this was too much. The temperature in the room was warm, about 75.2 degrees, and we asked if there was a way to turn on the airconditioning. We were told no, open a window. There was only one window in the room, it was raining outside and the wind was coming from the opposite side of the hotel. Also the window swung into the room, taking up a bit of room, and we had to dismantle a camera strap to tie it to stay open. Even after explaining all this the person didn't seem to care. There was only one towel in the entire bathroom, no wash cloths, bath mat, hand towels or anything, just 1 body towel. When I went to the front desk, tried calling first but couldn't get anyone, and told them we only had one towel and two people in the room the clerk asked what else I wanted. I replied another towel, bath mat for the floor and maybe a wash cloth or hand towel. What I got was another towel and a bath mat brought up to me. Wi-fi was available for 9 euros a day that had to be paid up front and even after paying, my wife almost has to have it on vacation, we had problems with it. At one time this might have been a splendid hotel but it was the worst one we stayed in during the entire trip, and one of the worst I've ever stayed in. Due to the staff's attitude, the shabby room and the location I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't know if there is a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I would warmly recommend this hotel to everyone. Beds are very comfortable,rooms are clean and tidy. The staff in hotel are nice ready to help you and give u the neednt service all the time, i was bothering them so many times and they were all the time with smile on their faces and getting the job done. 4 stars hotel indeed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff simply don't care, they didn't phone me back after a basic query. I made 7 attempts to get an ironing board to my room to be told later there was 1 for approx 200 rooms. It never arrived on every occasion although nobody had the decency to tell me. Rooms also far too hot at 35c but air conditioning would not work until April apparently. The key card says the home of hospitality but it is anything but. The worst customer experience I have had in some time. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

this hotel I would not recommend the staff made you feel like we were a bother too them as they were far too busy to be bothered with us the bar is a joke the rooms well a cost of paint wouldn't go a miss no shower curtains broken lights just very poor standards

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

At first mind the distance from city centre and very difficult get to hotel by bus or other public transport.
Best way is by BUS 64 from M1 Primaticcio which drives just untill 10 pm !!!

PROS :
+ price / value
+ clean rooms

CONS :
- distance from centre
- route from nearest BUS stop looks dangerous
- expensive wifi
- nothing around hotel /restaurants, bars etc./
- TV just for payment

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had the worst impression of Milano thanks to this hotel and the rude staff. It's extremely far and the buses sometimes doesn't even go there, the only thing you can do is to stay in that hotel with no free wifi (extremely expensive) and (also very expensive) hotel restaurant. there's nothing close to that place, not even a grocery store, there are only fabrics and dangerous streets. The staff was really rude to me and my friend all the time. The room was in terrible conditions, the bathroom door was broken, the air conditioning didn't work and you could tell that they haven't done maintenance in a long while.

Even though they have reasonable prices, I would never recommend it, it's not worth it.

Adriana

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

"During the whole week a free shuttle service connects the hotel to Bisceglie underground station on regular schedules. Special transfers (extra charge) outside scheduled timetable are available at discounted rates." (from http://www.ideahotel.it/web/en/idea-hotel-milano-san-siro)
In fact, a free shuttle was a mini-van for 6 persons which went irregularly and was always full even if we wanted to book seats in advance (we spent there 5 days). What they call "special transfers at discounted rates" was a taxi at 20 euro to Bisceglie metro station (approx. 7 minutes drive). The situation was more difficult when we wanted to reach hotel from Bisceglie. Besides, they take 4 euro city tax, but I am not sure that hotel is situated in the city. I am displeased with this wrong information because I didn't get transfer service which was included in their price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple