“Just standard”

Idea Hotel Milano San Siro
Ranked #372 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with my my husband and my 1 year old kid. We booked for a bigger bed but they showed us a smaller,so we waited again to have a bigger one. Since we were travelling with our own car we just wander in the cit. The good thing in the hotel is they have a free shuttle service which brought you to the next U-bahn station. The hotel is quite far from the city and located in an industrial area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were group and we stayed 2 nights...Hotel is really nice but...they charged for wi-fi 9€ per night or 5€ per hour...which is ridiculously...Also,tourist tax is 5€...that is the only bad thing there...The rest is good,clean rooms,nice decorated...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when I went to saloni de mobile exhibition. Upon driving to the hotel you'd be forgiven for thinking you were lost as there is nothing around apart from an abandoned water park & the graffitied wall on the boundary of the grounds does it no favours at all. Once you're actually outside the hotel it has a nice appearance & the reception areas are pleasant. The rooms are ok - a little basic just about acceptable for the price- however the temperature of the room was close to 30 degrees & the air conditioning didn't work so it wasn't conducive for a comfortable nights sleep. The major let down for this hotel is the reception staff - it took over 10 minutes to check in only to be told that I only had a room for 1 night not 2 & that they couldn't sort it out straight away as they had to speak to the booking department. No-one came back to me that night so I had to join the queue again in the morning to find out what was happening. After 15 minutes they told me I did have a room for another night but my key wouldn't work & the machine was broken so I'd have to come back later. Which I did by which point there was a much bigger queue & it took almost 1/2 an hour to get my key back (with no apology). The food from the restaurant also wasn't very good quality - breakfast was just about acceptable (it was already becoming tiresome on the second day) & the evening meals were very expensive for what they were. (The salami, cheese & bread were the only things I enjoyed). The one saving grace of this hotel was the barman - very friendly, professional, energetic & eager to serve. Unless you have to I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed there last week for Business and thank god only for 3 days. When we arrived they could not find our reservations even though we had to pay in advance and had a written confirmation. WIFI is Euro 9 per day, no free Wifi even in the Lobby or a Computer you can use. The rooms were clean. TV is only in Italian all other channels you have to pay for. If you haove a room towards the back of the Hotel there is an animal farm with donkeys and oustriches which make noises all night Long. The air conditioning is not working due to Italian regulations according to the staff. Breakfast was cold scrambled eggs for 2 days in a row and some cold cuts. Only Thing that was plenty was cakes and sweet bread. The second night a School class checked in and they had parties and were so loud I could not sleep till 0230. Even 2 calls to the front desk could not put a stop to that. Overall terrible customer Service for a 4 Star Hotel. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefan S
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for business. It has a free shuttle of a morning to the train station It is a very relaxed hotel Breakfast has the most cakes I have ever seen in a small hotel. Staff were all friendly. It offers a free mini bar which was not replenished from the last guest, with bottles half full. We had to go and ask reception for what we wanted, which was no problem to us. My only gripe with the hotel was that we booked a triple room with 3 single beds on the picture. We got a double and a double rollaway. The rollaway was rock hard and very uncomfortable. We did say that it was very uncomfortable but didnt get a great response. Could have been the language barrier. It is a budget hotel

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last night of an eight day vacation. It was my wife and I as part of a school trip of about 30 people, more adults than kids. Before arriving we were told by our tour guide that when she stayed here a couple years ago it was very nice. I am hoping a lot has changed since then as it was the most beat up room of all we stayed in. The room was average size but looked like it had seen better days. The rug was stained, the walls were dented and there were holes in the wall in the bathroom. In America this would be comparable to a $50 a night room easy, maybe lower. It's completely different than the idea you get from walking into the lobby. The bed was hard as a rock and I like hard beds but this was too much. The temperature in the room was warm, about 75.2 degrees, and we asked if there was a way to turn on the airconditioning. We were told no, open a window. There was only one window in the room, it was raining outside and the wind was coming from the opposite side of the hotel. Also the window swung into the room, taking up a bit of room, and we had to dismantle a camera strap to tie it to stay open. Even after explaining all this the person didn't seem to care. There was only one towel in the entire bathroom, no wash cloths, bath mat, hand towels or anything, just 1 body towel. When I went to the front desk, tried calling first but couldn't get anyone, and told them we only had one towel and two people in the room the clerk asked what else I wanted. I replied another towel, bath mat for the floor and maybe a wash cloth or hand towel. What I got was another towel and a bath mat brought up to me. Wi-fi was available for 9 euros a day that had to be paid up front and even after paying, my wife almost has to have it on vacation, we had problems with it. At one time this might have been a splendid hotel but it was the worst one we stayed in during the entire trip, and one of the worst I've ever stayed in. Due to the staff's attitude, the shabby room and the location I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't know if there is a good room.