“good ambience everything else average”
Review of Mimmo Milano

Mimmo Milano
Ranked #2,061 of 8,632 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$31 - US$86
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Città Studi
Reviewed 11 September 2013

a nice rustic ambience was the only positive i have of the experience. Wine was served at wrong temperature and octopus carpaccio was bland and not impressive at all.
I can easily imagine this place being a hit or miss experience. there is definetely better food in milan for those prices.

1  Thank Francesco G

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am born and bred in Milan, although now spending most of my time elsewhere around the World. This is to say am quite demanding when choosing a restaurant in my own town... Yet this was a pleasant surprise in a location where I remember going to get my car fixed up they have turned this former garage into a stunning location for dining.
Starters and main courses are the best choices. Pasta not bad, but not worth it either. The fish is superlative. Value for money, but it takes a special occasion to afford it.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Its better they change their job!
it was a bad experience since the beginning and I'll tell you why!
I booked by phone on thursday evening a table for two asking to be on a quite zone and when we arrived they gave us a table on the first place in the middle of the noise, then after 15' minutes somebody came to give us the menu, then after other 10 minutes the wine list, and finally after half an hour they took our order, the first course ok, the second a fillet was too cooked despite we asked to have it medium row, then after I started to complain, one waiter was laughing in front of me, then I asked to talk to the manager, an arrogant man under the name of "Mimmo", well he gave us the responsibility of the cooking!!! and he didn't care about our needs...unbelievable!!! I felt I was in a nightmare! then we asked the dessert and they took us the wrong dish...and the bill was over the price considering what we got, at mc donald or to any other fast food you get a more and a better service, I'll never go back...as I have already saved they should change job

2  Thank gaez
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I had a lovely dinner the other day in this restaurant. The place is off the beaten track as it is in a minor street behind Porta Venezia. The food was good and the service was truly excellent: we received a complimentary glass of prosecco and plenty of finger dessert at the end. The atmosphere is very nice, reminding of some Provençal restaurants. Must reserve if you wish to dine in the weekend days.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

been there 2 weeks ago or so !! the places was bombed full of people no space at all , very cool place i really like it , there like table on the top and there on the ground floor and there is terrace for summer time!!