“One of many .... but in the right position and with style ...”
Review of Princi

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 15 September 2013

In Milan you can find many bakeries but the most famous is Princi. The reason why it's not the product but the location and the shop it's made in a very stilish way. You can find Pizza, bread and many other products of same quality in many others bakeries in city. Obviously Princis's prices are higher than in other bakeries, for this reason personally I prefer others. An other reason to go in some other bakeries is that Princi is always crowded and the service is no so high.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Quality cold cut and bread. I ordered parma ham sandwiches and pizza, and they tasted good. Fast and efficient staff. A good place for a fast and casual lunch.

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We went here to get a quick lunch “to go” on the day we departed Milan. Our hotel front desk recommended it, and I am so glad!

This place is yummy! It is counters and counters of food. They had pizzas (but on nice bread, not greasy slices), all kinds of sandwiches, bread, and then of course many types of sweets.

You simply point/order at the counter and they box it up for you, and you pay. Good prices, great selection, and friendly service. I’m sure this is a great place to sit and eat, or like us, take it to go if you are in a hurry.

Oh, and our food was delicious!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place is pretty cheap ( 2 slices of pizza and a bottle of water = 6.70€).

The service is a bit strange, you have to pay before you order. So be careful not to queue at the wrong place.

It is a bit crowded during lunch so we went at around 2.30pm and it was almost empty.

There is a good choice of dessert but the Tiramisu is AWESOME!

I highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My experience at the Princi lunch terrace was overall bad: the price of the lunch was incredible, which can be forgiven when the quality of the service and food is great. Unfortunately this was not the case. The mozzarella and tomato sandwhich I ordered was accompanied by burnt toast, which merely tasted...well...burnt...upon requesting new toast I was told 'it's supposed to be this way'. Despite the 14 Euro they charged for this sandwhich I had to eat burnt toast (called 'world famous bread' by the Lonley Planet travel guide).
Also the bill was presented to us without our request, despite of the terrace not being full, which felt like a request to leave. I do not remember ever having had such poor service and food at such a high price! I would explicity recommend people who visit Milan to avoid this lunch.

1  Thank Emmy N