“a nice surprise”

Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Typical Apulian restaurant and pizzeria in Milan since 1971.
Reviewed 13 November 2011

a nice atmosphere quite italian, we reckon, and simply great food at a good price.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Excellent food, excellent service what more is there to say about this restaurant in busy Milan. We were there on a Friday evening and the terrace was humming. Bar with music next door, the place was busy but the service was still perfect and friendly. They made a mistake on my husband’s plate bringing a champagne risotto instead of the mushroom that was ordered but they redid the order quickly and beautifully. Best risotto in Italy so far, and served really hot. I had a plate of swordfish mixed with tomatoes, eggplants and spices and it was wonderful. The owner took us inside at the end of our meal to show us the décor and he’s very proud of all the photos of famous people that have been to his restaurant. The interior décor is romantic and professional. We were offered lemoncelllo on the house. Wonderful food, service and attitude. Can’t go wrong with that one.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

A nice local cuisine in Milano. In august many restaurants is closed. We went to La Porta Rossa and we got a nice pizza both of us. Near central station and I think there is a lot of "tourist restaurants", but this one was special. Visit La Porta Rossa and you will get nice food. Value is top!

Reviewed 22 September 2009

The pizza I had was fantastic. That said, they wrote my bill by hand on a scrap piece of paper and they overcharged my wife for her appetizer by 4 euros! I took the bill inside and politely asked for an explanation but no one spoke English. Since I don't speak Italian and I'm not one to make a scene, I paid the bill and decided I would write an honest review of the restaurant when I returned to the US.
Great pizza but double check your bill. If you can speak Italian, all the better.

1  Thank tmk_78
Reviewed 25 June 2008

10 mins on foot from the central station. One of the best spots to eat when arriving late on a train.