“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Melbourne, Australia
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Even though I booked my room way in advance of my travels, I was given a crappy room near the lobby. I was woken up by the slamming door every time someone came in or out of the hotel during the night.

Even though I had turned on the air conditioner on, the room stayed warm. I looked for the air conditioning unit and found it behind the curtains! I had to tuck the curtain up to get any benefit but, because my room was on the ground floor and the outside shutters didn't go completely down, I felt like the room lacked privacy when I did that.

The bed in the single room was very narrow and on wheels so I was a bit worried about sleeping in it!

Breakfast was self service and pretty basic.

While the rates were cheap, I think I would've been better off paying more since I just wanted a good night's sleep before I caught my flight the next day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Preveza, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is located really close to public transfer that gives an easy solution to reach the exhibition.Also it offers a very good price ...
The rooms are really big and clean with lots of windows ...you can hear all noises from the rooms beside...the road in front is no problem...
The WI-FI is working some times ...not always.
There was no breakfast room when we visited the hotel on March ,so we had breakfast in front of the reception in the only table for 2 persons...So when the next quests come ..you have to finish quick...
At the area around is a little bit of mystery ...better not to walk alone at night...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

It is a nice hotel with comfortable rooms and polite staff. We booked 3 nights and we got any information we needed from the reception. It's a good option in a good price and we recommend it for couples or even for families.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank giorgioD
Wateringen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I read the reviews before we went and feared the worst but I was pleasantly surprised! Off the main road, down a side street. Literally 5 minute walk from the nearest metro station. Hotel staff were friendly, spoke English. We had a hire car and we could park it behind the hotel in a secure area for a small fee. We had a room on the top floor (402) and it was huge! Room was clean and tidy. Ok, breakfast isn't anything to write home about but hey, you're in Milan! If you don't like it there are plenty of places to eat breakfast with a view of the Duomo. I thought it was decent enough - cereals, croissants, soft buns, ham, jam, coffee, tea etc.

Would I stay again? Certainly! Really good location to explore Milan - buy a urban travel ticket and travel everywhere via tram, train or bus.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmcr100
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Room on the last floor had poor air-conditioning, it was so hot that it was impossible to sleep. room was clean, but on the balcony there were a lot of cigarrets and some foreworks left after new Years (we wrere there in July). Only two small bottles of water were given, but we stayed there for 3 nights. Breakfast was more that poor - it was absolutley nothing to eat, only marmalede, honey -no juice, no water, no chease or someting you would like to taste in Italy. And coffee: you'd better not taste it. Whoever decides to book this hotel should search for other location, I am sure that 2* hotles or hostels are much better.
We were granted a welocme drink and fresh fruits, but we never get it, although we reminded the staff about it. No air conditioning in the cantine.. Lost of money! don't go there!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aleksandra O

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Zoersel, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Good points:
* the hotel is located in a quiet street outside the city, but very close to public transport (bus, trolleybus, tram and metro).
* the room that I had was big enough and clean and also the quality of the beds are ok.
* bathroom is ok: shower works and enough soap, shampoo etc.
* the people in the hotel do their best to help you

Bad points:
* even the hotel is in a quiet street, they all have old windows without isolation (don't ask how it is in the summer and winter, spring is ok) but you'll hear everything of the main streets (2!) 100 meters away, just like you'll sleep with a open window. Too many noise and I couldn't believe that such simple glass still existed.
* not only the quality of the glass of the windows is tiny, but also the doors and the walls. You hear too much noise when other people are somewhere in the hotel!
* breakfast is a joke. It's a buffet, but the choise is very limited and the also tiny rolls are just made of steal. Juice looks like to be coloured water and has also that taste, if you can find a taste in it. And I can continue, because this is really bad.
* sometimes there was a smell in the bathroom.

The hotel is not bad, but not 3 stars: just worth 1 or maybe 2, but not more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located on the street side, even the noise is coming from the main street...