We stayed at Camperio twice in 2010.
If you are in Milan for leisure, the location cannot be beaten, it's right in the centre of the city, yet it offers affordable parking options (24 euro/day). The Duomo and shopping areas are just 10 minutes away (walking).
We stayed in a regular room the first time, and were upgraded to suite the second since the standard rooms where undergoing renovation - which is most likely completed by now. The hotel feels homey - in fact it is a home for someone staying long term in the same building - but don't be fooled by the small number of staff: they will cater to all your needs. In fact, they proved courteous and responsive from the very beginning.
Our stay was very comfortable both times. The standard rooms are very large and have a separate living room and bedroom. The suites are huge and come with a fully equipped kitchen (with a much appreciated Nespresso machine). Both have tv with a variety of international channels. Unless you need the extra space, the standard room is good value for money. I think we paid about 190 euros the first time, and 180/280 (after extensive negotiation...) the second to book a standard for us and a suite for our family. As mentioned, we were eventually upgraded to a suite. Check the prices on their website as sometimes they are better than what they offer in person or by email.
There is no restaurant but they have a menu and provide room service, which we tried in one occasion. Somehow, I still remember that the risotto was salty, but it was a tasty and reasonably priced solution.
Breakfast is served near the reception area. It's a real Italian breakfast with dairy products and cookies/croissant/bread. Great for us, but you won't find eggs and bacon if that's your style.
Overall, it's very close to the 5-mark, but it's not a real hotel with all the services and facilities that come with it, hence the 4.
One more thing: we booked a room via internet (non-refundable fare) last June ('11) and within a day we had a change of plan and couldn't stay any longer. I contacted them and we were fully refunded. Not sure it was a preferential treatment because of our previous stays, but they were certainly very accommodating.
We will definitely stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CAMPERIO HOUSE, a residence of charm, situated only a few steps from the Duomo and the Castle Sforzesco, it offers a new concept in hospitality. It is the perfect choice for guests who wish to feel they reside at home in Milan, rather than merely stay in a hotel. The apartments, each with a special dignity, style and atmosphere, are divided into Executive, Deluxe and Corner. The director and staff of the residence are at your disposal to organize all the details of your stay in Milan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Camperio House Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camperio House Suites And Apartments
- Camperio House Suites & Apartments Hotel Milan