“Do not stay at this property”

Camperio House Suites & Apartments
Ranked #132 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Following the same review from previous trip advisor fellow (Matrix 02), my booking was cancelled on 9/4/13. Now mind you, I already booked this reservation since 6/20 paid for and confirmed via Expedia.
Camperio offered me alternatives hotel that is nowhere near Duomo (outskirt of Milan) and at cheaper price.
Luckily Expedia had the BEST customer service, they allowed me to choose hotel in the Duomo area with same star rating and compensate the difference in price + give me hotel coupon voucher for future use for the inconvenience. Huge shout out for their customer service, at least it gives me peace of mind with less than 2 weeks to go to my vacation.
But I definitely wouldnt stay at hotel that won't honor their reservation even though its already confirmed and paid for since 3 months ago !! Traveller beware

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pompong

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My booking was just cancelled for an upcoming reservation in 3 weeks. I booked this through booking.com. The hotel informed me yesterday via email that my credit card was invalid (completely bogus as I have several reservations for the same trip on my AMEX). I did not get a chance to check my email and today they go ahead automatically cancel my reservation as I did not provide new details in the 24 hour period (perhaps they should realize its a long weekend in the US!). I called booking.com to inquire why my reservation was cancelled as my CC is fine and they contacted to the hotel only to discover that the hotel is now fully booked within 24 hours of informing me of a problem with my booking! Hmmm very sketchy. Stay somewhere else. I have numerous reviews in many countries and I have never had something like this happen to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Matrix02
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We originally booked through Hotels.com for a split stay of 2 nights each. Our first nights were in a beautifully appointed "Classico" room. Our second stay was through the hotel, with an upgrade to a gorgeous apartment at essentially the same cost as the online discount. In both instances the bathrooms were elegant and functional, the amenities top of the line, and space nicely laid out. The various staffer offered excellent advice on itineraries, access to trains, dining, shopping, etc. While we'd researched in advance and also had local recommendations, the staff tips were invaluable. The site adds to the experience as one slips into a classic Milanese courtyard. The central location was perfect and we would return in an instant.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly as you may be able to negotiate a better rate/room than a discount servic...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was very impressed with hotel Camperio in Milan for the following reasons:
1)the location is within 5 minutes to the Duomo and Castello Sforzesco and the pedestrian shopping area
2) the hotel is elegant and architecturally beautiful( a former monastery with sweeping circular stairway). We stayed in the apartment which was spacious and elegantly designed. Our room had a nespresso machine.
3) the staff was knowledgeable , professional and courteous. Please keep in mind that this is not a conventional hotel and the front desk is closed by 10:00pm.
4) the breakfast is served in an elegant room and is ample with fresh fruit, juices, excellent cappuccino and espresso, cakes, cereals and cheeses.
3) The hotel is in a quiet area

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

beautiful true Italian suites & apartments right in the heart of Milan.5 min walk away from Duomo. Stayed with hubby and 2 children in July. Had fantastic time right in the heart of the tourist buzz. Reception staff amazingly helpful and friendly. Rooms immaculate and all modern facilities. Can't believe these suites not No.1 in Milan !! Would be more than happy to stay here again when visiting Milan either on business or with family. My children loved the freedom of space here. thanks guys :)

Room Tip: We had a balcony suite. You can hear the buzz of Milan - just what we wanted.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 43SandyJJ
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Upmarket comfortable apartment, close to central shops, attractions. Also close proximity to train.
Wld definitely stay there again. We were upgraded to a larger apartment, but all had kitchen facilities. We were on ground floor that looked out onto the street with lovely large windows that cld open up for fresh air and watch the Milan lifestyle go by. Go to restaurants off main streets as tourist area very expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

So glad we managed to stay here for our only night in Milan on this trip. The staff were very helpful and the accommodation was spacious, clean and well appointed. A wonderful introduction to our time in Italy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple