“nice hotel but not convenient”

Doubletree by Hilton Milan
Ranked #102 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 March 2013

its a nice small hotel in,the middle of nowhere.. rooms are cozy and amenities are provided. room is clean, but air-conditioning is not very good, room is a bit stuffy. breakfast is average with a good selection of pastries and bread. hot food selection is limited to a few. there is nothing much around the hotel unless you a willing to take a good hike to get to the restaurants and supermarket. the staff are so..so.. some are friendly and some are not.. the welcome cookie is very nice though..

Room Tip: there is no view around the hotel, so i guess all rooms are more or less the same..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Room is comfortable , look new, clean, modern but no nice view.( for room 348)
Toilet is big , clean, beautiful and with bath tub. Shower is good.
Breakfast is good, good variety and serve with fresh fruit.
Service is good.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel : I was in the city to attend an international fair. The hotel offers comfortable and large rooms differently from many hotels in Milan. Perfect mattress and pillow for a relaxing sleep. Unfortunately one day after being back very tired in the evening I found the room not been cleaned. The breakfast was in the average ( and the same every day ) : but being in Italy ... I was expecting to get a capuccino or a "caffè latte" rather than the poison served by the automatic coffee machine ! In any case I guess the inconveniences I experienced were due to an awful management programme rather than the helpful & nice staff at the reception. Firstly I took 40 minutes to check in despite there was no queue at the reception desk. Then I had to change several times my room key because it demagnetized every time ... I stayed on the 5th floor - that means a lot to wait for the lift to go down to the reception desk to get a new card ! It took long time also to check out ... the hotel was pre-paid : I just had to pay for the city tax ( for some rooms of my colleagues ). Then finally I would suggest not to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. Our company had agreed on two dinners at set menu : quite pricey indeed, but what we got was total nasty food unfortunately. Again - being in Italy - we would have expected some decent & tasty dishes !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
gregoriopecoraro, Direttore at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Alerock,

I'm happy you appreciate our wonderful beds and the comfort of our rooms. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding happened for the cleaning of the room, we use not to enter in rooms when the light out of the door shows it is occupied (red light is on when the key is in the key pad) that's why leaving the key in the room we did not have the possibility to clean the room during the second day of your stay. About the breakfast we usually ask at the guest accueillance if they want an espresso or a cappuccino from our Bar and we offer a fresh orange juice, I'm sorry this did not happened with you and I will take care this not happen again. Restaurant is one of our best appreciated service from the totality of our guest and we usually have wonderful reviews on it, but of course this time it seems we have missed something. We are in contact with the agency who organized the package also to understand if someone else was not happy with the service and take the action needed. Thanks again for you time and I hope to see you again in the Hotel to show you our improvments

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here on a few occasions for business, most recently in February. Very nice and modern hotel, well suited for business travelers. The check-in staff are very friendly and the warm cookies on reception are a nice bonus as well. Rooms are very spacious, especially for European standards. Beds are comfy, wifi has been a little hit and miss in some rooms. Breakfast in the morning is very good, lots of choices of drinks, and hot/cold foods. The hotel itself is definitely a good ways from the city center but very easily accessible. The tram stop is a 2-3 min walk away, and takes about 25 mins to get to the plaza where the Duomo is. Taxi's can also be called and usually show up within a few minutes. Very convenient hotel and looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: The area around the hotel is not the best for views, I prefer looking into the nice courtyard rather...
Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work trip and did not use many of the amenities, having stayed at many hotels in Milan I found this to be very nice for Milan standards. The rooms were very large, updated and clean and secure. Not very close to public transportation and not in a great part of the city, but a short trip by taxi to the Fair. The breakfast is good, however is the same everyday.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Very discreet and well appointed hotel. We spent a night for St. Valentine's.

Nice and spacious rooms and very good breakfast to american standards.

Plenty of outside free parking. Area a bit outside on main thoroughfares and public transportation, though not very far from Fiera or downtown via cab. Excellent service at the front desk and restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed for a night at this gem of a hotel from the Hilton stable. Very conveniently located from Linate airport (15-20 mins, depending on traffic), this hotel offers the perfect relaxation after a long day. the fitness center in the basement level will help you work off the calories from the sumptuous breakfast spread. There is no taxi rank next to the hotel but the reception can call one of the radio cabs which usually arrive within 2-3 minutes. Though I arrived early around 10 AM, I was able to check-in immediately without any hassle (usual check-in time is 2 PM) and was welcomed with a sinfully delicious warm chocolate cookie! Without a doubt I will be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business