“No complaints”

Doubletree by Hilton Milan
Ranked #100 of 426 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a really nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever we asked questions. There was a lovely warm chocolate cookie waiting for us when we checked in. The room was clean, big enough with a big double bed. The bathroom was clean and the shower was warm and powerful.

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to a concert at the Ippodrome del Galappo which wasn't too far away. The city centre is about 30 minutes away by tram. It's about €20 in a taxi.

We arrived at Linate airport, there was a fixed price taxi fair of €65 to anywhere in the City Centre which is steep so we took a direct bus to Central Station for €5 and a taxi to the hotel from there which was less than €20

If you get a good price and don't mind being that distance from the city centre I'd definitely recommend this hotel. Shop around the websites aswell. We booked on a website which was substanially cheaper than others

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Milan

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Not a downtown location but can be reached by tram in a simple way. The hotel is new and everything looks bright, fresh and clean. Rooms very comfortable with everything you can expect from a 4 star Doubletree by Hilton hotel. Great bed and despite my room allocated next to the elevators there was no noise disturbance. Breakfast extensive, especially by Italian standards. I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel which I would recommend for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was my 2nd visit, since 2009. It is a very clean and comfortable business hotel. I had some issues with reservations over a changed name booking. They tried to charge me over this, something which was their fault not mine. It was not handled well by the staff until I made an issue over it. This is something I should not have had to do. I am the customer and a Gold HH member. This marred an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I couldn't be more pleased with this hotel. The staff at the front desk went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Serena took the time to print out the necessary paperwork so our children could ride the bus transportation for free as that is a bonus for families in Milan. Every member of the staff we encountered were helpful and went out of there way. I felt the hotel was an excellent value.

Room: Comfortable, clean with modern décor. It is your standard Hilton. We had two rooms that were adjoining. My only issue was the wifi signal was bad. WE had to go to the hall or lobby to receive a decent signal. But, it with Gold status wifi was complimentary so I can't complain.

Food: The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of items. As Hilton gold members it was complimentary

Transportation/location: We arrived from the airport at nearby train station. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service only this station. I have read a lot of reviews bashing the location. I felt safe with my children there. It was a little off the beaten path, but very close to the bus & train.

We enjoyed our two nights in Milan and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights there, room and bathroom were clean, had a view to the terrace where people were sunbathing. Location? It, of course, could not be like hotels in the city center but its not that bad, at least its quite at night, you just need to know how to use the trams, although the trams in this area were quite old and no A/C.

No iron in the room but they brought it to us within 5 minutes with an ironing board, however, we had to call 2 times to ask for more shampoo as we both have long hair and the shampoo was not enough for us, took a long while for the guy to bring it.

We had a light dinner at their restaurant, tomato mozzarella prosciutto with an italian wine cant go wrong in italy, this dinner was relaxing, after a long day out there in the city! One of the staff was not so friendly and we could barely hear what his voice.. the others and especially the supervisor/manager was really nice and helpful. Price was reasonable.

P.S. its near a park.. lots of pollen around

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear NumberThirtyFour,
it' a pleasure for me to read your review and I'm happy you appreciate our services. As you wrote we are not in the center of the city but it's very easy by bus or tram to reach the center in few minutes. I'm happy also that you had good time and good food in our restaurant. I hope to see you next time in Milan in our Hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel was standard Doubletree fare: clean, comfortable, with a decent breakfast, etc. Actually, it is the first place that could prepare scrambled eggs we have stayed at in two and a half weeks in Italy.

All that said, there is a sign in the lobby basically saying beware of pick pockets, etc in the restaurant and bar. Apparently, the restaurant/bar is the happening night spot for locals and it brings with it a criminal element, hence the drop of one star in ranking.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Wolf19d,

thank you for spending time to write a review of our Hotel and I'm happy you appreciate our sevices and our Doubletree breakfast. In effect on your review you gave us for times 5 star and one time two star for the location and I'm surprised that the review appear only with three stars. By the way our location is of course not in the center of the city but permit to reach wlaking or in one metro stop the MICO (the biggest congress center in Europe) the Milan Rho Fair and the S.Siro stadium. ALso in our area there are a lot of headquarters of national and international company we work with. It's also not difficult to reach the city center by tram, the stop is in front of the Hotel entrance, and at the desk we sell bus tickets.
We put in the common area of the Hotel the advise to take care of personal belongings because being a business Hotel it happen sometimes that the lobby is full of group of people coming for Fair or Meetings and also if we have our security guard to control the area all day, to avoid any possible problem we prefer to tell our guest to pay attention. I'm sorry you take this as a bad message and of course this was not the intention. I do not understand when you say that our restaurant is frequented also by locals (why this should be a criminal intent?). As said before we are a business hotel and we usually have group that makes meeting/training sessions in our hotel and usually spend the dinner in our restaurant. I think you refer to the fact that our restaurant was full of people, hotel guests, and it is absolutely normal that it can happen.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed during a business trip, and it took a long taxi ride from the Linate airport to reach the hotel as we crisscrossed over Milan. The hotel is located not in the central of Milan, and is considered a bit `off' the tourist map. In terms of convenience, it is located near a tram station, and I was able to easily take a tram to go down to the Duomo. The tickets are sold at the hotel reception, which I find is a very good service provided.
Breakfast has a nice spread but never changes. So, if you are someone who likes consistency, then this is a plus point, if not, this could be boring.
I did order some room service, and while I won't praise the food, the service quality was good.
The room itself is fairly comfortable, new and comes with free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
gregoriopecoraro, Proprietario at Doubletree by Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Cuddles08,

I'm happy you appreciate our services and standards and I want to thank you for spending your time to write a review. We will take care of your comment.
Thanks again.