“you get what you pay”
Review of Hotel Panizza

Hotel Panizza
Ranked #145 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a nice 3 star hotel in Milan, The location is good in that it is about 10 min walk from the red line metro which takes you straight into Duomo, also tram 16 is 5 min walk which takes you to Duomo. There are some nice little restaurants around the area and a small super market nearby. The rooms are adequate size with marble floor and clean most likely newly refurbished bathroom, We had a small balcony with our room which just overlooked the building behind but in summers can be a nice place to sit. There was no tea/coffee facility in the room but you can get it from the lobby which was on the same floor as our room so not a big hassle. Bathroom had very basic toiletries you are better off bringing your own.
The staff could all speak basic english so we did not struggle with any thing. The breakfast buffet was adequate with cake and pastries but no eggs or hot vegetarian choices. It is served in a small room so you might have to struggle for space at busy hours,
The corridor was small which meant people returning late at night may wake you up if they are not quiet, The other thing is that rooms have got very thin partition and every morning we were woken up by the guest next door taking a shower at 6 am as you could hear the water running.
When getting there for the first time just look for wooden door with 3 stars next to it as there is no big sign on the wall and it is very easy to miss it.The reception is on second floor but there is lift upto it, it is not on a busy road so you dont hear a lot of traffic noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brimeeds

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have to say I got the single room which is in general a very sad experience at any hotel. the room was very tiny and lacked everything that could make someone's life easy. not even a minibar, a glass, N O T H I N G. the army-style plaid completed the depressing picture. The bathroom looked quite new and was better than the rest. In general I could not have any sleep.It was noisy at night with people yelling and slamming doors. The guy at the reception was nice and polite and the price was reasonable, even though I booked on booking which claimed to sell the room with an 80% discount and it was just ridiculous because that room could have never come at that price ( more than 300 euros!!!). Plus I asked for a breakfast to go in the morning and nobody cared to offer anything, not even a reply. Overall I would not recommend staying in a single room at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
robbberto1, Manager at Hotel Panizza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Sir,
(unfortunately I don't know your name).
My name is Roberto Figliola.
I'm the Managing Director of Panizza Hotel.
I do feel sorry for your bad experience in our hotel. Since I do not know your name I cannot understand which kind of room you were given to.
I can only reply in a general way.
The whole hotel was restored in the second half of 2011 and we got 3 stars class. The single rooms are supplied with French bed (140 cm), TV set 22 inches, air conditioning system adjustable according to the personal wishes, private bathroom, shower and hair dryer.
The average area of each room is about 13 mq large (not so small I daresay). The hotel is located in a one way street and this allows a very calm rest. The night porter informed me about some situations as described by you in the recent nights.
I think you understand that our first target is to give an excellet service to our customers, therefore we could have never permitted that someone shut the door of shouted in the full night.
I do feel sorry that you disliked your stay. I'm sure this is the first and only time it happened.
I wish that in your next stay in Milan you'll choose our hotel once again so that we can show you our professionalism. peaceful stay and also the convenience we can offer.
Best regards
The Managing Director
Roberto Figliola

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Good location, clean, quiet and spacious rooms but extremely cold at night during winter (heater turned off during the night) and 2 out of 3 managers really not helpful with a poor level of english and even rude ...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sidonie1990
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Nice little hotel located 20 - 30 minutes walk from the Cathedral and city centre.

5 minutes from Metro, small supermarket, atms (banks), restaurant, a bar or two and retail shops.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Nice clean rooms with a/c and balcony.

No problem with noise in this hotel.

The large timber door at the entrance to the hotel has no mention of the hotel except for Aubergo 3 star.

The bed sheets to our double bed were not large enough and we are average build.

Otherwise very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed sheets.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed there 3rd and 4th Dec and 13th Dec. The location is good near Concilizione Metro station and buslines 16,19 and 68 are at the doorstep. The rooms are clean and very large storage space for left baggage. The provided breakfast was good. For a very reasonable price the facilty is surprisingly good.Wifi speed also good.
I like the staff who are very helpful especially a girl by the name of Sandra who went out of her way to be hospitable on a very cold and snowy day.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The 3 bedded room are especially good value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sonnyt
Reviewed 3 June 2012

i stood there for one night and it was exactly what i was looking for. old charming historic building, in walking distance to vicolo dei lavandai and santa maria delle grazie. i had a room in the fourth floor with big terrace. it's free wi-fi as well. the breakfast is ok.

Room Tip: ask for the fourth floor ans terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2012

A double face accommodation. Be prepared, it is being renovated. It is based on a 1 star hostel in an old Italian building. The first floor is still in "Hostel mode". At upper floors, rooms are being renovated. New walls, new floors, new furniture and brand new bathrooms. The overall impression from the room is quite pleasant. Clean (as far as it can be) and quiet. It can give you what you are looking for from a budget hotel. It is near to Conciliazione metro station. Breakfast? No, thanks! Is better to prefer the nearby bakery.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple